Help with settings, Dark Cloud 2.
My specs
AMD Phenom II X4 840
Gforce GTX 950 2 GB
Ram 8 GB
PCSX2 1.4.0
Games from ISO

I run in Hardware mode Direct3D 11 on Windows 7

Other games I tested. FF12 to the first battle. Works flawless with FXAA, 5 times Native and preset 1.
Odins Sphere. Played past tutorial. Works flawless with FXAA, 5 times Native, preset 1 and 8-bit textures enabled.

Dark Cloud 2 works fine in menus and when the camera is fixed. When you are in a 3D environment where you can control the camera the it runs between 45-100 % speed. I looked at my monitor program but neither my CPU, GPU ore memory were even close to full workload. I tried setting to native res, MTVU, preset 1-5, skipdraw 1-6 and turned of FXAA. I bean fiddling a lot so I cant really say witch combinations I tried of above configurations. I am new at the program so I have just experimented and searched on google for ideas.

I find it strange how little the drop from 5 times native to native did on the performance and that my monitoring program didn't show full workload. Feels like it some kind of compilation problem, like my processor only support SSE2. Anyone got any ideas? Is this a very demanding game compared to FF12 and Odins Sphere?

Sponsored links

I looked at this page http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Dark_Cloud_2 and the first test configuration is on a rig worse then mine. The hacks that the user recommends I cant find in the program.
what do th ee% & gs% say when getting slowdowns ?
Keep in mind DC2 can be demanding and your CPu is a bit weak for pcsx2 (STR around 1000 where we do recommend 1600 at least)

Quote:I looked at this page http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Dark_Cloud_2 and the first test configuration is on a rig worse then mine. The hacks that the user recommends I cant find in the program.
this test in the wiki had been made on an antique (aka less accurate) pcsx2 version.
less accurate = less demanding
and that's probably why you can't find the hacks mentioned. they have been deprecated
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-04-2016, 09:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what do th ee% & gs% say when getting slowdowns ?
Keep in mind DC2 can be demanding and your CPu is a bit weak for pcsx2 (STR around 1000 where we do recommend 1600 at least)

this test in the wiki had been made on an antique (aka less accurate) pcsx2 version.
less accurate = less demanding
and that's probably why you can't find the hacks mentioned. they have been deprecated

EE is 90-100%. This is the processor I guess? GS around 40%. Which settings affects CPU the most? Ore is it from game to game?
ok, your CPU is struggling, then.
To answer your question, it depends on the game.
some are more demanding than others.

Yours is quite CPU taxing, and only tinkering with speedhacks will help
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm playing DC2 right now,at it works at 49-50fps 100% speed (sometimes jumps randomly to 52?)

And i think my CPU and Graphic card is pretty crappy,so i don't think it requires that much.