Help with settings for Shadow of the Colossus?
Question 
Hey there, I'm new to PS2 emulation and I'm having some trouble getting Shadow of the Colossus to run properly.

So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with what settings I should use for the game and just in general with the graphics plugins and such as I'm kinda confused on how to set everything up.

My specs:
Processor: i7-4770K @3.50GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: ASUS GeForceĀ® GTX 770 DirectCU II, 2GB
PCSX2 version: 1.2.1
Running the game from ISO

Sponsored links

put VU Cycle Stealing under Speedhacks to 1 or 2 and you should be good to go.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-24-2014, 05:37 PM)refraction Wrote: put VU Cycle Stealing under Speedhacks to 1 or 2 and you should be good to go.

I do have it set to this but I still get massive slowdown sometimes.
And the game doesn't look very good at all.
Comparing my game:
[Image: f87f87d9f4.jpg]

To this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdrFkW1RY8
Edit your GSDX settings so you are in Native x3 and enable the hw hacks, then go in to hw hacks and enable the offset hack (to fix the lighting position caused by the native x3).

To speed things up you could also try the MTVU speedhack, it helps for me, others say it slows it down, but you can try both ways.

(07-24-2014, 06:07 PM)refraction Wrote: Edit your GSDX settings so you are in Native x3 and enable the hw hacks, then go in to hw hacks and enable the offset hack (to fix the lighting position caused by the native x3).

To speed things up you could also try the MTVU speedhack, it helps for me, others say it slows it down, but you can try both ways.

The Half-pixel Offset or WildArmsOffset?
I set it to Half-pixel and it seems better now! Also which version of Direct should I have it on? I set it to Direct3d 11 (hardware) which seems pretty good.
It's not a big problem but now I'm getting a small flickering white line on the top and left of the screen, is that because of the offset or something?
could be, not too sure. I think the Agressive CRC setting in hw hacks gets rid of the extreme lighting too.

(07-24-2014, 06:45 PM)refraction Wrote: could be, not too sure. I think the Agressive CRC setting in hw hacks gets rid of the extreme lighting too.

Alright, Thanks a lot Laugh