Help with speed issues
Hey There,

I'm fairly new to this and I tried reading how to fix speed issues but got lost. I just want to play Dirge of Cerberus (which I bought and made an ISO image from, which was one suggestion to speed it up). But my frame rates go down to like 18 fps. I tried changing the preset settings to every one of them, but the fastest it goes is like 30 fps. The specs are as follows

Manufacturer: HP
Processor: AMD A9-9420 Radeon R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.47 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition: Windows 10
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.431

Are there any specific settings that I should try? I included some screen shots of the settings that are set now, but wasn't sure what was needed. Any help would truly be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

The problem with Dirge of Cerberus is that it looks like it needs to run in software mode which runs off of the CPU and you have a weak (for PCSX2) CPU. Unfortunately for a large portion of the games to run at good performance we normally recommend CPUs with 1600 STP (single threaded performance) and the A9 only has 1413 https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

You can try one of the PCSX2 devolpment builds since they are more current but don't expect miracles https://pcsx2.net/download/development/dev-windows.html

With this being a laptop replacing the CPU is impossible, so the only recommendations I can make are to play the game on your PS2 system (cheapest solution), replace the laptop with one that has a better processor (if you absolutely have to play on the go this game), or try some less demanding games you might own (if you need portability, but can deal with not playing this and some of the other titles if they are too demanding).
Thank you so much for the response. I guess I'll just have to buy a PS2, lol
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go