Help with strange FPS drop
Hi everyone, I need your help:
I was playing Okami today, and everything was good ingame, but when I paused, the FPS rocketed, and everything was sped up.
Since it was a little annoying, I went into the settings, searching for a way to set the FPS to a stable 60. I didn't find an option for that, so I just let it be.
Although, when I was back to the game, it runned at a slow 40 FPS, getting to 60 in the pause menu.
I even tried to erase everything related to PCSX2 from my computer, but it did no good.
I'm getting really frustrated, especially because before I tweaked, EVERYTHING WAS GOOD.

my specs are:
Win 7 professional 64 bit
Intel i7 (920 @2.67GHz 2.67GHz)
GeForce 9800GT (1 GB GDDR3)
6GB of RAM

Thank you very much

Sponsored links

Use ee cycle to 2, and vu to 1 ...
I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to be more specific... Do I find those settings via these menus, or do I have to set them elsewhere?

EDIT: oh, ok, found in the speedHack menu.
I'll try it out now, and let you know. Thanks!
Goto emulation setting and go to speedhacks and enable it and put ee cyclerate to 2 and vu to 1. Than tick mtvu .and play ur game.
It works like a charm. I tnk Ill g o and build you a temple or somehing.
Thanks for your help!
Welcome dude
I have kind of the same problem. When I installed the pcsx2 1.0.0 version some days ago and tried to play Tales of the Abyss everything was fine.
But now for some reason I don't know it's back to around 30 fps during the whole game. Even the controller settings got kind of messed up and I didn't even do anything with the settings. I also tried all the recommended settings for Tales of the Abyss and some other but nothing worked. I even deleted pcsx2 and installed it again and had several restarts but nothing helped.
I'm a bit frustrated now and would like to know what happened and what I could do?
(05-22-2013, 10:54 PM)TalesSin Wrote: I have kind of the same problem. When I installed the pcsx2 1.0.0 version some days ago and tried to play Tales of the Abyss everything was fine.
But now for some reason I don't know it's back to around 30 fps during the whole game. Even the controller settings got kind of messed up and I didn't even do anything with the settings. I also tried all the recommended settings for Tales of the Abyss and some other but nothing worked. I even deleted pcsx2 and installed it again and had several restarts but nothing helped.
I'm a bit frustrated now and would like to know what happened and what I could do?

open your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's
thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't intent to.
I don't mind, actually, since my problem's already been solved.
Try out Yash the gamer's solution, dude.