Help with widescreen patches - not working!!!
(09-07-2016, 03:30 AM)avih Wrote: Not sure what you need it for, but just in case, here's a list of all the widescreen patches file names (CRCs) which are currently inside cheats_ws.zip and the game's name and Sony's serial numbers (this is the "gametitle" line in each patch file, which was written manually by whoever wrote that patch, so it's possible that some data is missing or incorrect).

[edit] I updated the attachment few times to clean it up a bit.

Thanks... I basically needed it because for any game where I see no widescreen patch applying, I need to (a) confirm whether there even is a widescreen patch, and (b) try out your fix.  So, for example, when I saw ATV Offroad Fury had no widescreen, I had a helluva time figuring out that no patch had ever been created for it - especially when ATV Offroad Fury 2 has one and kept coming up in my searches.  Now that I have a list, I can check it, then easily find the patch and try your fix.

Sponsored links

Okay, I'm still testing out my games. I'm at Gradius V. I have a US version.

The widescreen patch wasn't working, but the problem isn't the same. The CRC for the version I have is E939D95E. The widescreen patch for this game in the zip file is CDA95971. So there simply wasn't a patch matching the CRC I have. I just renamed CDA95971 to E939D95E, and that worked.

Side note - the widescreen caused some weird glitches in the graphics on the first stage (the balls of gas that contract if you shoot them have a transparent halo - hard to explain - and your shots don't reach the edge of the screen). I downloaded the European iso just to test it, and the same thing happened. So I just turned the widescreen off. This seems like a game where I can just use my RocketLauncher PS2 bezel and live with 4:3.

Again, I'll update if and when I find an issue with another game.
Well, the widescreen patch for La Pucelle Tactics seems to be loading up. But it also doesn't seem to do anything. Shrugging.
(09-10-2016, 09:31 PM)bacchuspup Wrote: I'm at Gradius V.  I have a US version.

The widescreen patch wasn't working, but the problem isn't the same.  The CRC for the version I have is E939D95E.  The widescreen patch for this game in the zip file is CDA95971.  So there simply wasn't a patch matching the CRC I have.  I just renamed CDA95971 to E939D95E, and that worked.

Side note - the widescreen caused some weird glitches in the graphics on the first stage (the balls of gas that contract if you shoot them have a transparent halo - hard to explain - and your shots don't reach the edge of the screen).

Thanks, missing patch is indeed unrelated to this issue, but I'm glad a patch for another version worked. You should post this useful info at the end of this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...me-Patches such that it's added and others can benefit from it too.

Quote:I downloaded ...

Sorry, the first rule of this forum is that we forbid any kind of discussions about downloaded games/ISOs.

(09-11-2016, 02:48 AM)bacchuspup Wrote: Well, the widescreen patch for La Pucelle Tactics seems to be loading up.  But it also doesn't seem to do anything.  Shrugging.

Thanks.. not fun. Please post the CRC of the patch. This should also be reported at the same thread as above, including the info of whether or not the same solution as the first issue worked (of duplicating the lines but making them start with patch=0, ...).

Thanks, appreciate your testings.
(09-11-2016, 08:40 AM)avih Wrote: Sorry, the first rule of this forum is that we forbid any kind of discussions about downloaded games/ISOs.
Sorry about that - I figured since I only downloaded it to test it against the version I have, it'd be okay from a legal or moral perspective (I deleted it immediately thereafter), but I'll be more careful about discussing downloads in the future.
I'll post more about the widescreen issues I find on the thread you gave me.  Thanks again for all the help!
(09-11-2016, 06:18 PM)bacchuspup Wrote: Sorry about that - I figured since I only downloaded it to test it against the version I have, it'd be okay from a legal or moral perspective (I deleted it immediately thereafter), but I'll be more careful about discussing downloads in the future.
I'll post more about the widescreen issues I find on the thread you gave me.  Thanks again for all the help!

No worries, and thanks for understanding. It's not about morality and in some places it's even not illegal, but this forum is based in the UK where it is illegal, and this policy is strictly about trying to avoid issues in an area (emulation) which is already a legal minefield with a lot of sensitivities around and unpleasant precedences.

I bet that was the last time you've mentioned downloaded stuff Wink

Thanks again for the testing, appreciated.
Okay, I've run through my entire collection (about 125 games or so).  The only one that had the issue was Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix.  So... yeah.  Much ado about nothing.  Ah well.

Thanks again for the help, avih!  Now I just need to figure out how to configure the Nuvee plugin to make my mouse work as a light gun in Time Crisis 3, and I'll have my whole collection properly set up!  You don't happen to know of an effective guide for doing so, do you?  I know it's off-topic, and maybe I'll start a thread elsewhere.  The threads I've seen on this are about as clear as mud.
(09-18-2016, 09:02 PM)bacchuspup Wrote: Okay, I've run through my entire collection (about 125 games or so).  The only one that had the issue was Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix.  So... yeah.  Much ado about nothing.  Ah well.

Are you kidding? all your games work great, and there was only one issue which got fixed. That's great info and great in general, and therefore rightly much ado! Wink

Quote:Thanks again for the help, avih!  Now I just need to figure out how to configure the Nuvee plugin to make my mouse work as a light gun in Time Crisis 3, and I'll have my whole collection properly set up!  You don't happen to know of an effective guide for doing so, do you?  I know it's off-topic, and maybe I'll start a thread elsewhere.  The threads I've seen on this are about as clear as mud.

No problem. Sorry, can't help you with that plugin since I haven't used it.