Helps the new logo of GSDX plugin!
(08-10-2011, 05:40 AM)xstyla Wrote: XD elratauru. you just ran over him. those future bold white looks quite sober but cool.

still not yet a competition. but maybe gabest should think about doing one. ;]
Relax, currently, in terms of technical and artistic, his logos collection can not beat my final logo that I made.
Currently, there is no competition.

Sponsored links

(08-10-2011, 11:51 AM)Cristo4pcsx2 Wrote: Relax, currently, in terms of technical and artistic, his logos collection can not beat my final logo that I made.
Currently, there is no competition.

a tad arrogant you are huh?! you made ten or more plain color or simple shape variations of the same basic design. the others logos sure do have a different cool and style. proper credit is due. ;P

and you can cut that stiff "gs plugin for ps2 emulators" line and do a fancier logo if you want, cause it's a lil unnecessary. if I got that right there's actually only ONE ps2 emulator in active development. ;] not counting valdanx ripoff.
Tongue 
(08-10-2011, 11:37 AM)Cristo4pcsx2 Wrote: Interesting logo, but the "font border" is not integrated well enough into the background.Write below "GS PLUGIN FOR PLAYSTATION 2 EMULATORS".
Thank you for your help.

People already know its a GS Plugin

Update
[Image: logotet.jpg]
[Image: hellopx.png]

(08-10-2011, 11:26 AM)Cristo4pcsx2 Wrote: "PS2-like (White)" and "Futuristic-Bold" (White BG) logo looks interesting, but do not looks better than the last log that I made​​.
1. Would need to work in higher resolution because when you decrease you will not have blocks (best AA method).
2. The font should be at least bold to add some text effects (terrain effects).
3. A professional logo should have a balance between the spaces of letters and background, font and background colors, the light falling on the font(like the last logo that I made​​).
4. Working on a LED monitor to see more contrast and true detail.
5. The contrast between the logo and GSDX plugin color should not be high (you can not put a black background on a light gray color).
However, I am glad that I am not the only one working on this logo.Thanks for efforts.

Some of these points are totally unjustified.

1) These are vectorial logos, I can print a wall with them.
2) Never heard the phrase less is more? Minimalism at best my friend.
3) It does has balance between the space of letters and backgrounds, I consider padding and margin in all my designs. The flow on them is nice to the eyes and it doesnt need lights or stuff like that. Keep it simple.
4)LED Monitors? lol... Look, White (Read this as: RGBA (255,255,255,1)) and Black (RGBA (0,0,0,1)) will still be black or white on a LCD, LED, CRT or even in my old TV. The only thing that changes is the contrast ration that these kind of monitors are able to show...but it doesnt changes the fact that there we can only see 16.581.375 colours in life.
5) Actually contrast helps a lot in an design, if you dont use contrast to your help, the logos blend too much and its hard to focus on it. Black works great with gray or white backgrounds. It all depends on the tones used, I'd be madness to use for example, Blue and Yellow for contrast, but for neutral colours? They "neutralize" themselves basically.

But yeah, nice to discuss design theories, as a professional web developer and designer I like to hear people about their points of view.

[Image: 6jj70x.png]
(08-10-2011, 04:44 PM)Memory Card Wrote: People already know its a GS Plugin
1. You have made ​​progress but "GS PLUGIN ..." still does not understand and the aspect of the logo does not have a good integrity.
2. The logo needs to see good in natural size ... the one I posted it ( I do not care if it looks good when it's in high size).
3. Try to attach the logo to the plugin image, to see if it works or not.
I do not want to be critical, but of the attachments below who are the clearest?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-10-2011, 05:09 AM)Elratauru Wrote: I'd recommend doing something more professional and slick like these:

PS2-Like (White):
[Image: 2ex82sh.png]

PS2-Like (Full Colour):
[Image: 1zbxyx5.png]

Curvy:
[Image: 2ezl24z.png]

Futuristic-Bold (White BG):
[Image: 260qx5d.png]

Futuristic-Bold (Metallic Shading, Black BG):
[Image: k567mc.png]

Abstract-like (Ps2 Colours):
[Image: 2j1szzo.png]

Hope that helps Smile

Finally some decent stuff ( no offense to the rest Tongue ) I like Futuristic-Bold (White BG) and Abstract-like (Ps2 Colours) the most.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-12-2011, 01:02 AM)Bositman Wrote: Finally some decent stuff ( no offense to the rest Tongue ) I like Futuristic-Bold (White BG) and Abstract-like (Ps2 Colours) the most.

1. The abstract logo is square and too dark (outside of the fact that is not legible).
2. Futuristic-Bold (White BG) logo is too bold, "11" do not understand, and the contrast between text and background is too high.

I repeat once again. The aspect of the logos does not have a good integrity with background plugin color.
No matter if it looks good, if not legibly.

In contrast to other logos, my logo is in theme with DirectX 11 tessellation.
Logo is a simple, classic, clear, legible, and follow the theme.

My logo is a combination of Google and Microsoft DX 11, for people to be familiar with this font or style (I will attach below).

"I do not want to be critical, but of the attachments below who are the clearest?"

Quote:I repeat once again. The aspect of the logos does not have a good integrity with background plugin color.
No matter if it looks good, if not legibly.
nothing that a simple 1px border or transparent background can't fix Laugh
i'm with bositman on this, that future-bold look simple and nice
[Image: 1921765.png]
(08-12-2011, 10:48 AM)setya5785 Wrote: nothing that a simple 1px border or transparent background can't fix Laugh
i'm with bositman on this, that future-bold look simple and nice
Not better than mine...

You know how much cost Google's logo?
Have you wondered why? My logo looks a lot like (but mine cost 2 x more Tongue2 )
Now I hope you understand why this logo will be a huge success and is so popular Smile

Take a look at my logo once again "in naturally size" and without blur efects, and you understand...