Helps the new logo of GSDX plugin!
(08-06-2011, 04:38 PM)abdo123 Wrote: Liked the blue one but you need to make it more smooth and less aliasing
Is better now?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Do not give anyone a helping hand?
Hi dude, look don`t take it like a destructive critic, but, if u wanna to make any kind of logo, u have to use a vectorial graphics program, why?
1st bcoz the scaling, a logo made in vector is easy to scale and u don't lose any quality, also the vectors are more sharps and it make easy the work with fonts and other effects (they don't look cheap ).

If u wanna make a logo it is not just take a font write something and apply a few photoshop filters, and expect it look good.

Once u end the design on the vectorial program, then rasterize it and make some photoshop customization for the final touch.

About the logos, well, like most of things it is a question of tastes, but for me, they look squared, and pasted over the pluggin interface (thats is ugly), try to work with more curved surfaces and use transparency to avoid the "pasted effect", also the image are not well defined and looks pixelated (this is why u have to use a vector graphics in 1st place).
Also the DX have a default logo, try to use it like inspiration, it is a standard and it make easy to recognizing something.
And more important than all that, ask Gabest if he want a new logo for his pluggin, bcoz in other way, u are going to loose ur time for nothing Happy.
It is like some dude go to your home saying "i don`t like your kitchen" and at the other day u found him with a heavy hammer smashing the walls and saying "ey it look better now no?"

Vector is not the only way, you can also make use of high quality downsampling.
Of course vector is not the only way, but it is the best way, a high quality downsampling, can work for small things like that, but it is a rasterized image, they are pixels, and pixels at the final quality for good or bad is not the same.
I say that bcoz he mention in some post he is a web designer so, i think he is working on a high lvl of quality, just that.
I have a couple of friends working on that and they are really nose picking about that things.
Is just a classic logo.

(08-08-2011, 03:33 PM)Cristo4pcsx2 Wrote: Is just a classic logo.
Because of the effects is poor quality...

(08-08-2011, 05:17 AM)Alethram Wrote: Hi dude, look don`t take it like a destructive critic, but, if u wanna to make any kind of logo, u have to use a vectorial graphics program, why?
1st bcoz the scaling, a logo made in vector is easy to scale and u don't lose any quality, also the vectors are more sharps and it make easy the work with fonts and other effects (they don't look cheap ).

If u wanna make a logo it is not just take a font write something and apply a few photoshop filters, and expect it look good.

Once u end the design on the vectorial program, then rasterize it and make some photoshop customization for the final touch.

About the logos, well, like most of things it is a question of tastes, but for me, they look squared, and pasted over the pluggin interface (thats is ugly), try to work with more curved surfaces and use transparency to avoid the "pasted effect", also the image are not well defined and looks pixelated (this is why u have to use a vector graphics in 1st place).
Also the DX have a default logo, try to use it like inspiration, it is a standard and it make easy to recognizing something.
And more important than all that, ask Gabest if he want a new logo for his pluggin, bcoz in other way, u are going to loose ur time for nothing Happy.
It is like some dude go to your home saying "i don`t like your kitchen" and at the other day u found him with a heavy hammer smashing the walls and saying "ey it look better now no?"
1.The example that you gave has nothing to do with this situation.
DirectX 11 logo does not exist.
2.I know what you're talking, but when you add certain effects the quality seems bad.
3.Vectorial graphics has the same problem in some effects.

What do you think about this logo?

(08-09-2011, 12:45 AM)Cristo4pcsx2 Wrote: What do you think about this logo?

This is a lot better, is not pixelated, try to remove the square making a transparent background with a layer, and use the original DX colors to make a more authentic feeling on the DX logo.

And about the other things

1-I Know there is no logo for DX11, and u are doing this in good will to try to avoid some confusion between the DX10 and DX11 plugins, but Gabest is the OWNER of the plugin, is HIS plugin, and maybe he don't want to change it, so u have to ask, bcoz is his plugin and he is free to make whatever he want, and if he don't want to to that, u are going to waste ur time.

2- if u try some effect and it doesn't look good, just don't use it xD

3-The vectorial graphics doesn't have a pixelation problem, bcoz they don't have pixels, u can have a problem with a vectorial graphic rasterized, but never with the vectorial graphic per se.