Hey I need Help building a good pc to play pcsx2
Sad 
Hey everyone im new to the forums Biggrin and i was wondering if anyone could please help me im trying to build a good enough pc to run both kingdom hearts 1 & 2 and Most especially final fantasy xii, im aiming for a pc that holds steady frame rates on 1920 1080 resolution =D and keep in mind i want this pc for emulator use only i know it sounds stupid but its something i want to do. Ohh and also a friend of mine is selling a pc i was wondering will this do:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz Processor

- 4GB DDR3 RAM

- 150GB HDD

- ATI Radeon x1300/x1550 512MB Video Card

- Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xx) TV Tuner Card

- CD/DVD Burner

- Windows 7 Pro X64 Fresh Installed

- Office 2011 Installed

also this is the computer i play on now which is a laptop in kingdom hearts i get steady 60fps until some parts of the island it slows down to 35-40 fps:

HP Pavilion dv4-1551dx Notebook PC - 14.1" Display / Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2GHz / 4GB DDR3 / 320GB HD / DVD±RW/CD-RW / Webcam & Microphone / Windows 7 Home Premium Edition

Sponsored links

that's a good rig, i don't know if it'll get you 1080 at 60FPS on all games as the GPU is kinda weak+^_^+ if you have the extra moneys i'd suggest a new quad core CPU as that's where that machines bottleneck will probably be (i5, i7) if the mobo can take it, or see if you can OC that dual to 4GHz+^_^+
and another thing, what's your budget? it's easier for us to help you if we know how much $$$ you wanna spend+^_^+
and if your budget is near/above $1K, this thread might have good advice; http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-1000-Budg...gaming-rig
Signature purposefully left blank.
Thanks so much for your reply, question would it at least run 1020 1020 resolution at steady 60fps???? and I dont mind spending around 1k but if I could spend less and build a pc that can run kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and final fantasy games at a steady 60 fps on 1920 1080 resolution ill be a happy camper =D
That PC your friend is selling could do,
but a better GPU would be necessary.

How much is he asking for it?
If it's just for PCSX2,
are you paying extra for the $50 TV tuner and MS Office that you don't need...?

If you have a $1000 budget,
you will easilly exceed what's necessary for those games.
I spent less than $900 building the system in my signature (over a year ago).
Hes only asking 120 cash so i guess if i got that all I need is a good 200-250$ nvidia graphics card right?

Edit: just looked up your specs and they sound good im pretty sure you can run pcsx2 on your pc good right? In any case im gonna build it lol sorry to copy but looks good =D ohh and I will also buy my friends computers since hes selling it so cheap.
(04-13-2012, 10:11 PM)DigupHerBonezZz Wrote: ... ohh and I will also buy my friends computers since hes selling it so cheap.

If you don't, I will. Laugh
$120?? go for it+^_^+ i would in a heart beat+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.