Hi the latest version suddenly stores settings in base folder
(11-11-2014, 09:38 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Or more simply, to make the emulator portable, all you need is under one root folder.

Isw the default Windows installer which puts those folders and files under the /Documents folder, on the other hand most people using the installer is going to install under Windows default folder C:\Program Files (x86). A nasty mistake for any application which relies on plugins and/or mods.

Edit: As for myself I created and use a /shared to keep the BIOS and Memcards folders so there is no need to keep several copies of them. The other folders should not be messed in between versions/builds. An exception could be the /cheats folder which is reasonable to share. This is specially valid for testing versions where mixing inis, plugins and such defeats the purpose.

Edit 2: actually even the /Documents folder is moved out of C: on my Windows configuration.

Funny enough the cheats folder HAS to be in the root pcsx2 folder. Even after I edit the .ini file to set it that the cheats folder is not at its default location, but rather somewhere else (UseDefaultCheats=disabled) - It still tries to search for it in whatever the root of pcsx2 is, and it will then complain that there's no cheats folder. CheatsWS folder line however, does work fine. It's only the cheats folder in particular that won't work.

Like yourself I have the /Documents folder on F: (a completely empty 500 GB drive except for the Documents folder), because I don't want constant reading and writing going on in there on my SSD drive. The PCSX2 settings are stored there as well, while the root folder of PCSX2 is on my SSD (C:)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

(11-11-2014, 09:30 PM)Fgeds Wrote: The wizard has to run in either case to prepopulate the settings. If you never want to see the wizard again just delete the portable.ini. The point of this file is to make different versions coexist together and, well, for testing purposes.

So I finally had a chance to test this. The wizard doesn't need to run every time when you download a new dev build. I delete the portable.ini files now since I like not having to worry about moving over my settings and PCSX2 just starts right up, no running of the wizard required.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU