High EE, Low CPU usage??? don't understand
(12-16-2014, 04:42 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I really can't estimate your core usage, because it will vary based on many many different things.

MTVU may help or may hurt, we have reports of it going either way. It won't hurt to try though.

Will do. Thank you for not giving up on this thread. I didn't mean to come off as rude as I may have.

Sponsored links

No problem, and I appreciate you saying that.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-16-2014, 04:48 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No problem, and I appreciate you saying that.

like i said, everyone's wrong sometimes. lol even me.
I'm wrong a lot. That's because I talk so much and say so many things. Some of them are bound to be wrong. Tongue2

Anyway, good luck with it. FYI the second and third Xenosaga games are LESS demanding than the first. So they should run better.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-16-2014, 04:57 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I'm wrong a lot. That's because I talk so much and say so many things. Some of them are bound to be wrong. Tongue2

Anyway, good luck with it. FYI the second and third Xenosaga games are LESS demanding than the first. So they should run better.

Are the speedhacks/graphics mods for them the same?
ie, half pixel offset and alpha stencil.

When i first started the game everyone looked like puppets cause of the weird shadow glitch lol.

I started this game on my ps2 years ago and then finally realized omg i finally have a computer that might be able to play it again! and it's worked pretty darn well. Granted I put power mode to high performance, all windows gui elements to basic and quit every process possible to help (^_^) but it runs really well the majority of the time so i'm happy. and there's knowledgeable people here to help when it doesn't. But all in all it means I get to finish one of the greatest rpg's i've ever played AND get to look forward to 2 more games of it.

Now if only the mac port worked nearly as well. I bet I could get better performance under OS X than under bootcamp. And it's annoying booting into windows just for this.
You might try PCSX2-CE which is a wineskin package. You can find it stickied in the mac section. It will get you 1.0.0 or 1.2.1 on Mac. Performance will still be better in Windows though, I think.

IDK the setup for Xenosaga 2, I forget.

For 3, the main issue is the lights are offset. You can fix it with a certain setting in TC Offset hack, but I forget the exact numbers. Anyway when you get there and need them I can find them again.

The reason those games are lighter though is because Xenosaga I uses the VU1 hardware really demandingly and in really weird ways. Episode 2 and 3 don't do that.

My CPU as I said gets 55 FPS in cutscenes, 50-60 in battles, and 60 otherwise in episode 1. 2 and 3 it keeps at a constant 60.
Also, does anyone know if since this app only uses 2 cores, a feature like turbo boost will actually do anything for performance? (for those that don't know it's a haswell feature that turns off unused cores and overclocks the remaining cores)
Yes, turbo boost helps a good bit with PCSX2.
(12-16-2014, 05:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yes, turbo boost helps a good bit with PCSX2.

Awesome! Now i just have to see if apple didn't kick turboboost in the nuts under bootcamp. (as they've been known to do)

I gotta say, I wouldn't want to go back to running windows full time, but apple still does stupid crap sometimes.
If you wanna ditch Windows, go for Linux Tongue

That's just my opinion. I'm not an Apple fan. They do make good stuff, but I think things like the iPhone are overpriced. As for macs, I just prefer a different style.

But yeah, PCSX2 Linux is pretty good. You might try that if you don't like Windows.