High FPS but heavy slowdown
I can usually get max fps in games, like say, Viewtiful Joe, COD world at war final fronts, killzone, etc, but they suffer extreme slowdown in game, as in like an action that usually takes a split second like firing a gun in COD taking a second or a more. I have fiddled with the settings, tried every render mode, gone from -3 to 3 cyclerate and the same with skipping, multithreading changes, only to mention a few, whatever I could change I have, but they just don't work. Well they do, but not well at all. I know how to use the emulator well enough, but I am at a loss, and I really want to play these games again. Any help would be awesome, and thanks to anyone willing to help!

I have seen this topic asked before, but the problem is usually they have a weaker pc. I play modern games on my pc, and so running them isn't a problem.

Specs are
GTX 1050
AMD Fx 4300  3.80ghz quad core cpu clocked to 4.0ghz
16gb ram

Sponsored links

(05-08-2020, 03:23 AM)FOAMgiant Wrote: I can usually get max fps in games, like say, Viewtiful Joe, COD world at war final fronts, killzone, etc, but they suffer extreme slowdown in game, as in like an action that usually takes a split second like firing a gun in COD taking a second or a more. I have fiddled with the settings, tried every render mode, gone from -3 to 3 cyclerate and the same with skipping, multithreading changes, only to mention a few, whatever I could change I have, but they just don't work. Well they do, but not well at all. I know how to use the emulator well enough, but I am at a loss, and I really want to play these games again. Any help would be awesome, and thanks to anyone willing to help!

I have seen this topic asked before, but the problem is usually they have a weaker pc. I play modern games on my pc, and so running them isn't a problem.

Specs are
GTX 1050
AMD Fx 4300  3.80ghz quad core cpu clocked to 4.0ghz
16gb ram
Your CPU doesn't meet the minimum single core performance
^this
Quote:I have seen this topic asked before, but the problem is usually they have a weaker pc. I play modern games on my pc, and so running them isn't a problem.
comparing pc gaming to emulation is a complete nonsense
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-08-2020, 08:23 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ^this
comparing pc gaming to emulation is a complete nonsense
I didn't know that emulation worked different than running a program like a game.

(05-08-2020, 08:12 AM)griesumblurak Wrote: Your CPU doesn't meet the minimum single core performance
How do I check for single core performance then? And what is a good amount? I can play most of my ps2 games fine though. Not doubting you, just wondering how it differs from game to game. Only some of them play horribly, and the rest just fine with some tweaking to the settings. Does it have to do with the game engines sometimes as well? I do know my actual cpu is pretty old now, so I will have to update sooner or later.

Edit: Found my single core performance. Dear God, that is not good.
(05-08-2020, 07:03 PM)FOAMgiant Wrote: I didn't know that emulation worked different than running a program like a game.
it is.
Basically, a ps2 game isn't made to run on a pc, but on an architecture that is lightyears away far from what you actually have.
Thus, you don't run a PS2 game, but emulate it. which means pcsx2 has to reproduce the entire PS2 hardware, take your PS2 game instructions, and translate them to PC-Understandable ones. all this has to be made in real time, to get accurate translation.
Hence, the raw CPU power you need.
Quote:Not doubting you, just wondering how it differs from game to game. Only some of them play horribly, and the rest just fine with some tweaking to the settings. Does it have to do with the game engines sometimes as well?
exactly. some game engines use PS2 hardware very weirdly, and it can be a nightmare to emulate
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-08-2020, 08:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it is.
Basically, a ps2 game isn't made to run on a pc, but on an architecture that is lightyears away far from what you actually have.
Thus, you don't run a PS2 game, but emulate it. which means pcsx2 has to reproduce the entire PS2 hardware, take your PS2 game instructions, and translate them to PC-Understandable ones. all this has to be made in real time, to get accurate translation.
Hence, the raw CPU power you need.
exactly. some game engines use PS2 hardware very weirdly, and it can be a nightmare to emulate
Thank you a lot man. This was very helpful. I also learned a good bit too.