High GS usage, is there a way to reduce it ?
Hello everyone,

I've been playing Sly 3 and stumbled upon 100% GS usage in areas where there was a lot to load (which is expected), which drops the FPS from 60 to the high 40s/low 50s.
It's definitely playable but can get annoying at times, so I was wondering if there was a way to reduce GS usage.
I uploaded a photo of the specific case.

I have tries fiddling with the Video settings but no matter what I did it still had that lag (tried with Native resolution too, same thing).

Current Video Pulgin settings : - D3D11 HW
- Bilinear (PS2)
- No 8-bit-textures and no anisotropic filter
- 4x internal resolution
- Automatic Mipmapping & CRC
- Fast DATE
- No Blending Accuracy
- No HW Hacks

Specs : - Windows 10 64bits
- CPU : AMD Ryzen 3 2200G QuadCore
- 16GB Ram
- Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB

I'll add any settings you need to know Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Lower the internal resolution to maybe 2x or native, Sly series is gpu intensive.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(01-31-2020, 01:36 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Lower the internal resolution to maybe 2x or native, Sly series is gpu intensive.

I'm currently trying in Native, GS is a bit lower at 80% to 90% but the lag is still there, so maybe it's not an issue with the GS thread.
Same frame in the thumbnail but at Native resolution

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Enable Allow 8bit textures, it might help. Other than that nothing else you can do besides getting a better gpu.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(01-31-2020, 02:09 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Enable Allow 8bit textures, it might help. Other than that nothing else you can do besides getting a better gpu.

Allowing the 8-bit textures somehow reduced the lag to 54/55 ! Though I didn't think a GTX1060 would struggle that much
Thank you Smile