High Performance
(10-05-2011, 12:13 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Unless you need fraps showing your fps in game window, you can use F12 feature stillTongue when it records it can lag, it's fine couse recorded movie will be at full speed anyway. While recording yesterday with internal recorder I had like 30-35fps lags with this and like you can see, no lags at all, and no I didn't need to resync anything. Only bad that sound is recorded inside pcsx2 directory and always with same name even if you choose the video to different ones. You could even set x6 internal res in very demanding game and record 1960x1080 at 1fps and it would end full speedTongue.(Through the recording would take a bit of time. :X)

I'm glad to hear that! Unfortunately I commentate while playing games so the slow downs wouldn't sync with the full speed versions! D:

Sponsored links

Are you recording to a second hard drive? While not the most intensive when it comes to bandwidth, recording to the same drive you're playing PCSX2 off of can cause quite a bit of slowdown just with that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(10-05-2011, 02:18 AM)Koji Wrote: Are you recording to a second hard drive? While not the most intensive when it comes to bandwidth, recording to the same drive you're playing PCSX2 off of can cause quite a bit of slowdown just with that.

I am indeed recording on the same drive my PCSX2 is located.
So one drive.

You're running into NCQ limitations then.
okay heres a scenario thats on topic. i want to get a second harddrive for video recording with fraps. currently i run 1 hdd and when i record pcsx2 i dont have any noticeable slowdowns when im running it. question is when i get a second harddrive (my first one is a 7200rpm 6gb/s hdd)

what if my second hdd was a 5400 or 5800rpm HDD that ran at 3gb/s. and had fraps record to that hard drive. would it slow down my gameplay because the speeds arnt the same as how the game is running vs whats being record?.

this question has been puzzling me. i either get a BIG 5400 hdd or a 7200rpm regular 1tb version.
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863
MOBO: Asrock Z75 Pro 3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1333mhz DDR3 ram.
GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/

[Image: 57b2818f7d1b5841.png]
if you must insist on a 5400 drive, get it from samsung

Seagate and WD's "Green" drives have agressive head parking which reduces performance and drive life span.
FYI, i have 2 green drives, one which has ps2 games on, and they're fine. Stop trolling WD Tongue Seagate may be trolled, anybody who owns maxtor deserves it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

im talking about the most recent Greens from WD, they are doing agressive head parking and wearing the locking mechanism quickly.

WD declared it a fault in Linux but it is reproducible in windows as well
Yeah it's win7 and Linux mostly, new power management policies or something.
Been getting only Samsung HDDs lately for same reasons, too many Western/Seagate giving up too soon.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
NGO posted a tool for disabling it, but i haven't seemed to need it.