High Specs, Low Framerate
So I just downloaded the latest version of PCSX2 (1.4.0), and I cannot figure out how to get it to run smoothly. I have top-tier hardware (i7 4770k, GTX 780 Ti, 16GB RAM, etc.), as well as Windows 10, but it won't run anywhere past 70%. I've tried enabling speed hacks, but nothing can bump up my framerate, meaning everything is currently unplayable. I would greatly appreciate any advice on the matter.

Sponsored links

What games are you trying to play?
(01-30-2016, 04:46 AM)JonyeGway Wrote: What games are you trying to play?

I have tried Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
Using on which core(single /dual/triple/quad)
(01-30-2016, 05:27 AM)PCSX2PS2 Wrote: Using on which core(single /dual/triple/quad)

I'm not sure what you mean, exactly, but I am using the MTVU option at the moment, so I hope I'm using all four cores that my CPU has to offer.
Some games work better on software mode than hardware mode for me. Maybe it work for you.
What % do the EE and GS run at? If EE is running close to 100% MTVU and VU cycle stealing can cause some fps increase. MTVU can be incompatible with some games though. If GS is running close to 100% try out the different renderer options in the GS plugin menu. The OpenGL renderer is the most accurate but DX11 can be faster for some games. If all else fails maybe try out the software renderer and set extra render threads to 2 or 3.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 should run fine on your PC. Please post your settings, something must be slowing things down substantially.
I think I know what's doing it but everyone's gonna hate me for saying it. Windows 10 and before anyone accuses me of being anti 10 which I am, Let me just say this I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't believe it to be the cause.

What your experiencing sounds to me like a windows 10 glitch. I have heard of it. My best recommendation would be if you can install an earlier os do that because odds are the issue would just keep coming back. maybe not though you might be able to reinstall 10 and be fine. Windows 10 can be glitchy though.

Either way I wish you the best of luck with your issue.
(01-30-2016, 09:07 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I think I know what's doing it but everyone's gonna hate me for saying it. Windows 10 and before anyone accuses me of being anti 10 which I am, Let me just say this I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't believe it to be the cause.

What your experiencing sounds to me like a windows 10 glitch. I have heard of it. My best recommendation would be if you can install an earlier os do that because odds are the issue would just keep coming back. maybe not though you might be able to reinstall 10 and be fine. Windows 10 can be glitchy though.

Either way I wish you the best of luck with your issue.

Have you got a citation for that? First I've heard about it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]