High pitched whine in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
I searched the forums but didn't any info on this issue. Randomly throughout Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 there is a sustained, high pitched whining sound that plays. I've tested with Directsound and with the default sound plugin, it occurs on both. It primarily seems to occur in combat, but when roaming dungeons, even after combat the sound will continue for a long, but seemingly random interval (could be a few seconds, could go on for several minutes and even persist through cutscenes).

Has anyone experienced this? I've tested various builds from the last several months, they all do this. So far I've tried builds 1.5: rev 1351, 1530, 1705, and 1740, it occurs in all of them.

Sponsored links

Sounds to me like you're getting interference through your soundcard when your pc is under load. To confirm if that is the case, set the output module in spu2x to no sound and see if the high pitch noise is still there
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-26-2016, 09:54 AM)refraction Wrote: Sounds to me like you're getting interference through your soundcard when your pc is under load. To confirm if that is the case, set the output module in spu2x to no sound and see if the high pitch noise is still there

Will do. I replied on the issue log with more detail as well.
Okay, updated the issue log, tested and there's no noise when "no sound" is set. Here's a link to the save state where this is occurring:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B255hrA...sp=sharing

As before, more detailed notes in the issue log.
To play Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 on Pcsx2, you will have to patch the pcsx2.exe with a (4gb patcher).

I have a like to Mega here: (https://mega.nz/#!TR5xDSLZ!OVNnWwMtg5Yr3...2vNDUObhPs)

Run the patch then choose the pcsx2.exe & it will be patched to a 4gb limit.

You also will have to change (Gdsx video plugin settings to 2x native) in your resolution so, you don't get the split screen bug.

Once you do that it doesn't matter what you render the video in dx9, dx11 or opengl hardware.
(12-27-2016, 08:17 PM)Cybertronic Wrote: To play Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 on Pcsx2, you will have to patch the pcsx2.exe with a (4gb patcher).

I have a like to Mega here: (https://mega.nz/#!TR5xDSLZ!OVNnWwMtg5Yr3...2vNDUObhPs)

You also will have to change (Gdsx video plugin settings to 2x native) in your resolution so, you don't get the split screen bug.

Once you do that it doesn't matter what you render the video in dx9, dx11 or opengl hardware.

Not your thread and that patcher is no longer needed as PCSX2 has the flag for 4gb intergrated now. You are also breaking a few rules by posting the same thing to several different threads.
@cybertronic - please stop spamming the forum with that incorrect information. PCSX2 hasn't required the 4GB patch in a while. Nor does changing Gsdx to 2x native fix that bug. It was fixed correctly a while ago as well.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-27-2016, 08:17 PM)Cybertronic Wrote: To play Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 on Pcsx2, you will have to patch the pcsx2.exe with a (4gb patcher).

None of this is necessary, the game is fully playable. I've been playing it already for 13 hours already. Certainly not going to install a potentially shady patcher from a Mega link. And it runs at 3x native in the OGL renderer at full speed.