Higher res = higher FPS
I'm new here and I'm sorry if it's against the rules to bump old threads but I just had to leave a comment to thank this man, Rezard. I've been battling with the PCSX2 for a week now trying to play Suikoden III on it because my old PS2 slim doesn't read discs anymore.

The game ran fine on the emulator but when I cast a rune the frame-rate dropped dramatically (like below 35) even when using native res and I was like: dude, my laptop has a freaking i7 4700MQ and a GT 750m with 2GB of GDDR5 but I can't even run this game in native res? But then I found this thread... I set the custom res to 1366x768 and all of a sudden I wasn't dropping frames with runes anymore!

true story, but my res wasn't square though. I was simply motivated to use custom res based on this thread instead of the always recommended scaling of x2/x3 etc. On top of it I'm using a 16:9 patch too BTW.

Sponsored links

(09-09-2013, 04:45 AM)WEL Wrote: I'm new here and I'm sorry if it's against the rules to bump old threads but I just had to leave a comment to thank this man, Rezard. I've been battling with the PCSX2 for a week now trying to play Suikoden III on it because my old PS2 slim doesn't read discs anymore.

The game ran fine on the emulator but when I cast a rune the frame-rate dropped dramatically (like below 35) even when using native res and I was like: dude, my laptop has a freaking i7 4700MQ and a GT 750m with 2GB of GDDR5 but I can't even run this game in native res? But then I found this thread... I set the custom res to 1366x768 and all of a sudden I wasn't dropping frames with runes anymore!

true story, but my res wasn't square though. I was simply motivated to use custom res based on this thread instead of the always recommended scaling of x2/x3 etc. On top of it I'm using a 16:9 patch too BTW.

open your own thread please.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Actually, I rather appreciate WEL posting where it was relevant. There is a reason these threads are left open, after all.