Hitman Blood Money PAL (SLES 53028) crashes after intro movie!
I'm using SLES_53028

If you've not tried the 4GB patch then I'd try that as that allowed me to play Urban Chaos in software mode when it would just plain die before I applied the patch.

Sponsored links

(05-23-2014, 06:54 PM)SR9 Wrote: I'm using SLES_53028

If you've not tried the 4GB patch then I'd try that as that allowed me to play Urban Chaos in software mode when it would just plain die before I applied the patch.

Where do you download this 4GB patch you talk about? I want to try that and see if it helps
There is a particular site with it, I can't remember its name though. Sad

A Need For Speed thread has the link to it, but I can't specify the topic.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
A quick Google search revealed the location of the patch on several sites. Lets hope this 4gb patch helps...
It only works on 32bit PCs that have more than 4 GB of RAM.
Well it works on everything but is only useful in that.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
After applying the patch, the game seems to run in software mode, but with a super crappy frame rate.

Previously without the patch, the game just crashed!

Now it is up to the gods of PCSX2 to make this game work properly
Woops! Lets me correct myself! After running PCSX2 again with this so called 4gb patch applied, the same problems as before happened!

So no, this patch DOES NOT seem to work.

Please gods of PCSX2, make the PAL version of Blood Money work
(05-23-2014, 07:32 PM)MenDude Wrote: It only works on 32bit PCs that have more than 4 GB of RAM.
Well it works on everything but is only useful in that.

I think it's 32bit applications (like PCSX2) rather than 32bit PCs as I'm running 64 bit Windows and it definitely fixed Urban Chaos and other titles for me.

(05-23-2014, 07:42 PM)rockstar2015 Wrote: After applying the patch, the game seems to run in software mode, but with a super crappy frame rate.

You might need a bit more processing power in the meantime or try enabling some speedhacks (not that they seemed to make much difference when I tried). I think my CPU has a bit more clout than yours and I'm getting the following (without any speedhacks):

Solid 50fps in movies (or 100fps if I turn speed limiter off but pretty much all videos are like that in games)
~27fps in menus
~47/48fps in game (drops a little sometimes but fairly stable)
(05-23-2014, 07:56 PM)rockstar2015 Wrote: Woops! Lets me correct myself! After running PCSX2 again with this so called 4gb patch applied, the same problems as before happened!

So no, this patch DOES NOT seem to work.

Please gods of PCSX2, make the PAL version of Blood Money work

Are you 100% certain you're in software mode and not hardware mode? My plugin said I was using software mode but if you've hit F9 at any point it will switch to hardware but still show as software if you look at the plugin settings.
Yes make sure you are in software mode, it will work fine, hardware mode will crash and burn.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]