Hokuto no Ken: cropped screen
Hi, I have a little problem emulating this game. The lower part of the screen (where the aura gauge should be displayed) seems to be cut off.
You can see how the game screen is supposed to look here: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/File:Seg...orum_2.jpg
Any ideas what could be the problem? I noticed that the screenshot from the wiki shows 640x480 resolution, while my PCSX2 seems to prefer to render the game using 640x448 resolution. I've tried changing resolution from Native to 640x480 in plugin settings, but this doesn't help, the screen seems to stretch horizontally, while still cutting off that part at the bottom.

PCSX2 1.4.0, GSdx D3D11 HW, all default settings

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Use the latest development build and add "NTSC_Saturation = 0" to the GSDX.ini file located at inis folder.

By the way, you're probably using a patched version of this game if the game's region is PAL. (possibly)
(06-01-2016, 06:08 PM)ssakash Wrote: Use the latest development build and add "NTSC_Saturation = 0" to the GSDX.ini file located at inis folder.

By the way, you're probably using a patched version of this game if the game's region is PAL. (possibly)

Thank you for the answer. The game's region is NTSC, installing the latest dev version fixed the issue.
(06-01-2016, 06:27 PM)deadbeef Wrote: Thank you for the answer. The game's region is NTSC, installing the latest dev version fixed the issue.

Oh, then your dumped ISO is legit. there were some PAL games which were patched to run in NTSC video mode which didn't fare quite well with PCRTC output circuit height detection.

Your issue is most likely similar to the one from the RE game which was fixed after the stable release unfortunately Smile
(06-02-2016, 06:04 AM)ssakash Wrote: Oh, then your dumped ISO is legit. there were some PAL games which were patched to run in NTSC video mode which didn't fare quite well with PCRTC output circuit height detection.
This game is NTSC-J only. Wink