Horizontal Black Lines - The Urbz
Very long time lurker, first time poster.

Trying to run The Urbz in a higher resolution. The highest without the black lines I can find is 1270x1270.  I've searched a lot of places and can't seem to find anything higher or if there's another problem I'm overlooking? 

Set up:
Windows 7 x64
AMD FX 6300
GTX 760
16GB Ram
Running PCSX2 1.4.0

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Using ogl ?
If so, tried enabling HW depth ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-26-2016, 08:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Using ogl ?
If so, tried enabling HW depth ?

Was using DX9. Tried using ogl with HW depth but no dice, unfortunately. 

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Use native scaling instead of custom resolution.
(06-26-2016, 08:54 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Use native scaling instead of custom resolution.

I should have been more clear. The native scaling is producing the black lines, too, which is why I considered custom.
Can you make GS dump? You'll need to press Shift-F8 when the black lines are visible on the screen. It should create a screenshot and a .gs file of the same name in the (My Documents\)PCSX2\snaps folder. Add 'em both to a zipfile and upload it as an attachment to your post here.
(06-27-2016, 11:59 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Can you make GS dump? You'll need to press Shift-F8 when the black lines are visible on the screen. It should create a screenshot and a .gs file of the same name in the (My Documents\)PCSX2\snaps folder. Add 'em both to a zipfile and upload it as an attachment to your post here.

Sorry for the late reply! Here you go!

Attached Files
.7z   urbz black line.7z (Size: 6,14 MB / Downloads: 303)
(07-02-2016, 01:03 PM)st.loony Wrote: Sorry for the late reply! Here you go!
Thanks for the dump. The bmp image clearly shows the horizontal lines, but the gs dump sadly contains a completely different scene of a girl in what looks like a subway train and there are no lines visible on the screen. If you don't mind could you make another, longer, dump? You'll need to press Control+Shift+F8 and hold the buttons down for 1-3 seconds.
(06-26-2016, 07:49 PM)st.loony Wrote: Very long time lurker, first time poster.

Trying to run The Urbz in a higher resolution. The highest without the black lines I can find is 1270x1270.  I've searched a lot of places and can't seem to find anything higher

I found that if you set the Sprite hack to half (or full) you can increase one part of the rez really high but the other rez can only be 1270. There may be other rez's that work but 1270 is the only one I know of. It works in DX9 and 11. Note that I dont think you can use MSAA at all with this method....I posted a pic below for an example. U.S. version

https://s31.postimg.org/45ro9srmj/urbzz.jpg

I used one of the recent git revisions for this but it may work with 1.4 as well
(07-02-2016, 09:19 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Thanks for the dump. The bmp image clearly shows the horizontal lines, but the gs dump sadly contains a completely different scene of a girl in what looks like a subway train and there are no lines visible on the screen. If you don't mind could you make another, longer, dump? You'll need to press Control+Shift+F8 and hold the buttons down for 1-3 seconds.

Strange. Sure longer dump attached although....

(07-03-2016, 12:58 AM)someother1ne Wrote: I found that if you set the Sprite hack to half (or full) you can increase one part of the rez really high but the other rez can only be 1270. There may be other rez's that work but 1270 is the only one I know of. It works in DX9 and 11. Note that I dont think you can use MSAA at all with this method....I posted a pic below for an example. U.S. version

https://s31.postimg.org/45ro9srmj/urbzz.jpg

I used one of the recent git revisions for this but it may work with 1.4 as well

This worked an absolute treat and I don't see any problems yet. If it borkes I blame you but for now it's great. Greatly appreciated.

Edit: Okay so I jumped the gun. In game it has totally broken all the menus?

Attached Files
.rar   urbz black line lngdmp.rar (Size: 3,83 MB / Downloads: 260)