Horrible stuttering problems.
in gsdx you should select your gpu instead of default. default can be the internal gpu of the i7.

Sponsored links

Turn off intel speedstep in bios will stop the cpu from not running at full speed. with pcsx2 which what i had to do to stop that issue when i had the issue. This will of coarse run the cpu full speed at all times, which should not be issue if your cooling is good.

Im sure there way to do this from with in windows, threw power settings, but i not sure on how as i never did it that way. i just always had my cpu run full speed at all times with speed stepping off in bios.

To turn it on, do the following:

Under "Control Panel," open "Power Options."
Under the "Power Schemes" pull down menu, choose one of the following:
To turn Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology on, select "Minimal Power Management" power scheme.
To turn Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology off, select "Always On" power scheme.

Dont know if above works or not as i said I have speedstep (EIST) turned off from within the bios.

Speedstep is tell the cpu it dont need to run full speed for pcsx2 which another reason why i have intel speedstep disabled it is not always correct.

If this dont stop the cpu from throttling back which what speedstep is doing then you might have other issues.
Am I missing something?
He has had a pc with no problems.
He updated the cpu... still no problems..
He updated the gpu... horrible stutter problems...

This sounds a bit like a gpu-related problem, doesn't it?
Switching to the gpu in gsdx had no change in performance, neither did swapping between hardware and software modes. As for speed step, it doesn't bother me its just I'm still getting used to the Haswell platform. I don't want to say its more complicated than the FXs its just there is a LOT more to it.
(05-23-2014, 10:51 PM)undeadgenesis Wrote: Switching to the gpu in gsdx had no change in performance, neither did swapping between hardware and software modes. As for speed step, it doesn't bother me its just I'm still getting used to the Haswell platform. I don't want to say its more complicated than the FXs its just there is a LOT more to it.

And i telling you Speedstep is what is causing this issue with pcsx2 throttling back. turn it off and i willing to bet pcsx2 will run full speed on the cpu. Whether you have issue with it else where or if does or does not bother you, speed step is the the cause.

If it is not i will be shocked cause CPU dont throttle back to those speed at those temperatures with out speedstep short of the cpu is fault.

(05-23-2014, 09:11 PM)undeadgenesis Wrote: The max temp it hits is about 37c but averages about 32c. I just noticed that my clock speed is only about 1.2ghz-2ghz while playing these games. it only hit 4.3ghz(my OC) for a split second.

this is not heat issue this speedstep thinking full speed is not needed in pcsx2

(05-23-2014, 10:49 PM)willkuer Wrote: Am I missing something?
He has had a pc with no problems.
He updated the cpu... still no problems..
He updated the gpu... horrible stutter problems...

This sounds a bit like a gpu-related problem, doesn't it?

(05-23-2014, 09:11 PM)undeadgenesis Wrote: The max temp it hits is about 37c but averages about 32c. I just noticed that my clock speed is only about 1.2ghz-2ghz while playing these games. it only hit 4.3ghz(my OC) for a split second.

likes said this has nothing to do with the gpu. If this emulator is not using full speed of cpu which his is not performance will suffer greatly.
The cpu is running full speed but its still stuttering unless i turn off frame limiting.
(05-23-2014, 11:06 PM)undeadgenesis Wrote: The cpu is running full speed but its still stuttering unless i turn off frame limiting.

So your turned of speedstep? or your orignal post of cpu clock back and only running full speed for second was wrong?

Turn off Vsync in PCSX2 no need to have it on in pcsx2 if you on windows7 and have not disabled desktop compistion, as it already on. Using SS4.1 gdsx plugin?

Only use RECOMMENDED speedhacks.

Cause with Speedstep off and cpu runing fullspeed in pcsx2 it should be running smooth with framelimitting on ( which is needed to keep everything in sync to begin with).

Would also make sure Nvidia CP has profile for PCSX2 and its set to max peformance and not adaptive. ( another reason why i dont like these power saving features on CPU/GPU as there not always correct can can cause issues)
I disabled speedstep and tried out the 3 games im having issues with with no change.
No vsync, only recommended speed hacks, and i swapped to sse4.1. Swapping the plugin made it look less like stutter and more like shaking.
What are your GS% and EE% readings during those stuttering events? You can see them only in windowed mode.

Do you see the same problem in hardware as well as software renderer in gsdx?
EE is about 9% and GS is 1%. I have the issue in h/w and s/w modes for dx9, dx11, and opengl. Opengl has the worst performance and actually crashed.