Horrible stuttering problems.
could try disabling desktop composition ( this will cause tearing) for pcsx2 and enabled vsync( to elimitate tearing) in pcsx2 and see if stutter still there, some people say desktop composition can cause issue with stutters.

Personal all my game run 60 fps threw pcsx2 "they all look they have stutter here and there even though there rung 60fps. probably just one many of the issue with vsync. or you could try turning off framelimiter in pcsx2 and use frame limiter from RTSS at 60.

Im not sure but i think the framelimiter built in to pcsx2 is more then just framelimiter it keep all the other functions in sync, but like i said i not sure.

Sponsored links

Okay just to check a couple of things, so we can rule them out.

What is your CPU usage in task manager? and how much of that is PCSX2 using?
Also the ISO you are running, is that on an external harddisk or an internal one?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The iso is on an internal drive. In game the total CPU usage is around 3% with 2% being PCSX2. HWiNFO64 says its only 2.6% in use.

I disabled Desktop composition and i couldnt see stutter but i also couldnt remove all the tearing even with vsync or frame limiting.
FIXED IT!!!!!!!!
I actually changed my monitor color depth from 16 to 32 and it looks like i have eliminated the problems. I dont know why it worked but it did. Thank you to everyone who had input!
(05-24-2014, 03:49 AM)undeadgenesis Wrote: FIXED IT!!!!!!!!
I actually changed my monitor color depth from 16 to 32 and it looks like i have eliminated the problems. I dont know why it worked but it did. Thank you to everyone who had input!

you where running windows in 16bit color? and not 32bit could swore windows defualts to 32bit, great that it fixed the problem

btw while disable desktop composition turns off vsync for Windowed games (which is what pcsx2 is with gsdx) and pretty much the desktop too it will cause tearing in all programs unless it is turned on for said program

Framelimiter will not eliminated tearing it just limits the max fps. only vsync can stop tearing

Only time to use pcsx2 vsync option is when desktop compistion is off and you dont want to see tearing. atlest in win7 not sure how it works in win 8
Every resolution except for 1080 was defaulted to 32. I'm not sure why this was set to 16 but it may have been switched when i was downsampling a few weeks ago to try and push this card as far as it would go. I always thought vsync just matched frame rate to the monitor refresh rate and the absence of screen tearing was just a byproduct. Learn something new every day.
Well, that's a new one for the books Blink, i must say i have never heard of that one causing speed issues! Maybe newer graphics cards don't like downsampling to 16bit..

(05-23-2014, 07:31 AM)undeadgenesis Wrote: I have recently rebuilt my PC from an FX 8350 and a GTX 660. Now I have a 4770K, a 780, and a whole lot of stuttering in the Atelier Iris trilogy.

I'm not sure I understand what stattering means here.

- Is is choppy audio?
- Is it something in the video? if yes, what exactly? you say it's 60 fps, so it means it's smooth, right? And if it's not smooth, then it's probably not 60 fps all the time, right?

Please describe exactly what the issue is. If it's an audio issue then please upload a short audio clip so we can listen to it, and if it's a video issue, please upload a short video clip to youtube or someplace else such that we can look at it.

Also, to remove unknown variables and make sure your settings are default, please:
- Delete your settings and ini files (or use portable pcsx2 with clean settings).
- Keep all the settings at default as much as possible. This includes gsdx and other plugins except what you MUST do to reproduce your problem.
- Tell us exactly what settings you changed after you cleaned it up.

- Set GSdx to native resolution.
- Try also GSdx in software mode (F9).

Does it happen in all the games you tested? how many games you tested? how many games had this issue (and which are they? other than Atelier Iris trilogy), how many games didn't have this issue? (and what are they?)

Please provide absolutely clear details, and maybe you won't get 40 solutions for a symptom that apparently no one is sure of (I counted so far: audio, video, heat, throttling.. etc).

Thanks.
He solved his issue Avih Smile

Really? I thought I actually read all the posts... must have missed it.

*runs to hide*
Tongue2