Hot Shots Golf: FORE Slow Motion at 60fps
(02-19-2014, 05:03 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Actually I said I believe it's not a hardware issue.

Jesalvein is right questioning your judgement on the game's demand. PS2 have very low graphics demands to be a problem to most slight above entry level video cards. The game's logic is what might pose a greater challenge to the emulator.

PS2 Final Fantasy games are among the most complex graphically and among the easiest to emulate (with few exceptions).

yes, all i was think about that game is that its not render correctly in pcsx2(in other words incompatable) ! Btw look your 71 rep going to be 72!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

Sponsored links

(02-19-2014, 05:11 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: yes, all i was think about that game is that its not render correctly in pcsx2(in other words incompatable) ! Btw look your 71 rep going to be 72!

Yes, some games may look graphically silly but have a logic flow which throws to waste every optimization mechanism the emulator has implemented. Cause extensive precompilation misses, this when ever allowing any consistent precompiled chunks.

May get excessive number of NaN and denormal numbers... a sum of all those...

Not to mention when the game is just too much "processing power" intensive like most simulators, and this one from the OP seems to be on the line. Simulation is intensive even for native code, manyfolds more intensive in emulation.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-19-2014, 05:22 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Yes, some games may look graphically silly but have a logic flow which throws to waste every optimization mechanism the emulator has implemented. Cause extensive precompilation misses, this when ever allowing any consistent precompiled chunks.

May get excessive number of NaN and denormal numbers... a sum of all those...

Not to mention when the game is just too much "processing power" intensive like most simulators, and this one from the OP seems to be on the line. Simulation is intensive even for native code, manyfolds more intensive in emulation.

such a good info ! :-) thanks to explain!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I guess all the Hot Shots games are just not compatible with pcsx2. That's a bummer because now I'll have to go buy an actual PS2 to play them. Oh well, thanks for your help guys. Guess there's nothing I can do
(02-19-2014, 06:25 AM)uptightjj Wrote: now I'll have to go buy an actual PS2 to play them.

Blink
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(02-19-2014, 06:41 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: Blink

What other option do I have?
I guess Brock thinks you do not own a PS2, that's why.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
GUYS I GOT IT PLAYABLE
It isn't as smooth or fast as console, but it can get you by!
Set it to DX11 Software, extra rendering threads to 8, and apply the level 5 (aggressive plus) speed hack preset. On opening drives it is pretty slow (about 35 fps) sometimes better, but after that it plays much better, I would say from 45-60 fps. Much better than what I was at. LaughLaugh

(02-19-2014, 07:03 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I guess Brock thinks you do not own a PS2, that's why.

I did, it broke.Unsure
Apparently all games that are made by Clap Hanz are like this.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
I know this is quite an old thread to bump, but I too have been playing this game (the Japanese version) on my emulator. I'm using aggressive speedhacks and D3D-9 software emulation. My specs are as follows:

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.1Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GT640
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

I realize the video card is quite dated, which is why I have stuck to software emulation, as on hardware emulation the game simply becomes unplayable due to extreme slowdown.

The game FPS absolutely chugs on the opening drive of each hole, which makes timing shots really difficult, even with my extra CPU rendering threads set to 7 and most speedhacks enabled (except VU cycle stealing which causes the game to go quite slow).

However, while golfing in the game, I have noticed that if it starts raining... the FPS is at 60 the whole time. There's no slowdown whatsoever. This baffled me considering that rain should add to the slowdown. Instead, it makes the game as fast as if it were played on an actual PS2. I then figured out that the slowdown during normal play is probably due to the draw distance being set very high, which would explain why it's slow on the opening drive but the game then speeds up on fairway shots.

It boggles me that even with a top-end CPU like an AMD FX-8350 that this game still has speed problems, but I guess it just boils down to buggy emulation and unoptimized code.