Hot Shots Golf: FORE Slow Motion at 60fps
Okay so I'm trying to run Hot Shots Golf FORE and I have tried tons of different settings and such. Right now I have the preset maxed out at 6 and Im using the sse2 gsdx 10 (Direct X 11 Hardware) My problem is that when I run the game, theres some stuttering at the beginning and then its fine at the menus, and then after that when I get in the game, it says im getting 60 fps but the game is playing like 15-20 fps.

SPECS:
AMD A6-3670k (quad core) OC'd at 3.4ghz
AMD PCS+ 7850 HD (2GB)

Sponsored links

I have the same problem. I suspect that the GPU has to render too much (grass?) to keep up. Use F9 for software mode, it works fine (but no scaling of course).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Your answer is in preset at 6. Too much speedhack, that preset is a despair measure to someone willing to accept the wacky behavior to have at least a shade of playability.

Start with no speedhacks at all and then advance EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing gauges one step at a time. Or try less "aggressive" presets.

This is becoming old already. There is a minimal specification on machine power where playability is already a serious compromise with quality, bellow that minimal there is not much that can be done.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-18-2014, 10:48 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Your answer is in preset at 6. Too much speedhack, that preset is a despair measure to someone willing to accept the wacky behavior to have at least a shade of playability.

Start with no speedhacks at all and then advance EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing gauges one step at a time. Or try less "aggressive" presets.

This is becoming old already. There is a minimal specification on machine power where playability is already a serious compromise with quality, bellow that minimal there is not much that can be done.

There's a problem with the specific line of games when using hardware rendering, no matter what settings you choose.

The most i can get with my CPU overclocked at 4.8Ghz and also my GPU overclocked is 35-40fps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Its kinda bug or something which emu not able to render correctly!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(02-18-2014, 10:48 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Your answer is in preset at 6. Too much speedhack, that preset is a despair measure to someone willing to accept the wacky behavior to have at least a shade of playability.

Yeah I've already tried every setting and tweaked stuff myself too. Hardware seems to run slightly better than software but still pretty much unplayable. So I guess and Hot Shots games won't ever be supported by the emu? Considering people are having problems with every other Hot Shots games...
(02-19-2014, 04:15 AM)uptightjj Wrote: Yeah I've already tried every setting and tweaked stuff myself too. Hardware seems to run slightly better than software but still pretty much unplayable. So I guess and Hot Shots games won't ever be supported by the emu? Considering people are having problems with every other Hot Shots games...

I can't answer since I don't know the specific games, but if they aren't compatible with the current emulator's stage, no speedhack will help it.

If is just raw power lack, that's another figure. That CPU should run most games with nill or just a little speedhack. You may want to verify if the OS is not forcing some power saving option.
(02-19-2014, 04:33 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I can't answer since I don't know the specific games, but if they aren't compatible with the current emulator's stage, no speedhack will help it.

If is just raw power lack, that's another figure. That CPU should run most games with nill or just a little speedhack. You may want to verify if the OS is not forcing some power saving option.

No its not an actual hardware issue. I've ran much more intense games than this and that just doesn't seem right, especially considering that HSG FORE is not a graphically intense game.
how do you know the games you've tried are much more intense than this one ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Actually I said I believe it's not a hardware issue.

Jesalvein is right questioning your judgement on the game's demand. PS2 have very low graphics demands to be a problem to most slight above entry level video cards. The game's logic is what might pose a greater challenge to the emulator.

PS2 Final Fantasy games are among the most complex graphically and among the easiest to emulate (with few exceptions).