Hot Shots Golf & Tennis
I noticed that in both games i get around 36-40fps during play using DX11 and around 25fps using DX9, even when using native resolution. Software mode runs at a constant 60fps.

Using DX9/11 the GS, EE are in the range of 25-32, so there's no overload on the CPU/GPU. But even if i change EE Cyclerate and/or VU Cycle stealing to 2, i still get around 36-40fps! (MTVU is on)

The same with no frame limiter... or if i disable all speed hacks.

Vsync is off. I wonder what makes these games run at lower fps in DX mode...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Sponsored links

Your system has what looks to me like pretty good specs. Not sure why the game is reacting like this - but I think I have heard of certain sports games being troublesome - mostly being golf.

Run it with all the checkbox speedhacks. Mess with the sliders too if you want to see what they do, but if they do pretty much nothing then just leave them at zero.

Try turning off clamping in GS and VU tabs and see if it helps any. If it breaks the game then obviously return them to Normal.

Hmm...try increasing the resolution significantly. Maybe you're not hitting the performance-boost trigger in your GPU? If this doesn't do anything to help then just go back to native.

Other than that...why not just run it in software mode? Don't like the quality?
^
I can confirm this in Hot Shot Tennis,
No amount of setting changes helps, HW mode is just slow no matter what,
The real point for me using Pcsx2 is its ability to play games at higher res than my Ps2 is capable off Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
I think it has something to do with the graphics of these games - where every blade of grass has detailed physics or something, which makes your boring golf game actually one of the most difficult to emulate.

I've never even played one of these games before though so it's just a guess.

Well, if this is the case then he needs to either play in software mode or just play on his PS2.
(07-25-2012, 03:28 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: I think it has something to do with the graphics of these games - where every blade of grass has detailed physics or something, which makes your boring golf game actually one of the most difficult to emulate.

In that case, shouldn't the CPU/GPU load jump near 100%?

I have no problem with software mode, i was just wondering why this happens. Is it possible that there's an internal frame limiter in the game?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
(07-25-2012, 12:14 PM)GeoMan Wrote: In that case, shouldn't the CPU/GPU load jump near 100%?

I have no problem with software mode, i was just wondering why this happens. Is it possible that there's an internal frame limiter in the game?

If so it would show up in software mode, Nar i think its something else
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
Not if you're using the EE Cyclerate and/or VU Cycle Stealing, but otherwise yes.

It could just be hard to emulate. The Golf games are troublesome and probably need some working on, but golf games kind of a low priority I'd think...