Hot Shots Tennis Missing Assets
maybe write a pm and ask for clarification...

Sponsored links

(03-05-2015, 09:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: maybe write a pm and ask for clarification...

Did that before starting this thread but haven't gotten a response as of yet :/
Well sorry to hear that. It is hard to figure out what is wrong if there might be nothing wrong except the emulator core.

Can you maybe test zeroGS as last try?
(03-05-2015, 10:50 PM)willkuer Wrote: Well sorry to hear that. It is hard to figure out what is wrong if there might be nothing wrong except the emulator core.

Can you maybe test zeroGS as last try?

Never tried that!

What exactly is ZeroGS?

EDIT: Just tried it. It works in the menus but once gameplay starts, it's extremely glitchy. Most of the backgrounds is black and many things cannot be seen, just a couple of graphics. Even with it all like this, I still didn't see anything relating to the scores :/
I just noticed this thread and your pm. The screenshot i posted is from my PC running SVN 5347. No fake screenshots, so that means that with that SVN the game worked fine.

What i do not remember is what settings i used back then. I'll give it a try and let you know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
(03-11-2015, 12:23 PM)GeoMan Wrote: I just noticed this thread and your pm. The screenshot i posted is from my PC running SVN 5347. No fake screenshots, so that means that with that SVN the game worked fine.

What i do not remember is what settings i used back then. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thank you for giving it a [hot?] shot!

Unfortunately I tried that SVN myself and for some reason could not get the scores to show. Please let me know what you could conjur up Laugh
EE/IOP Round Mode = Nearest

Speedhacks on, all other settings default, 3x Hardware mode, latest SVN

Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
(03-11-2015, 09:36 PM)GeoMan Wrote: EE/IOP Round Mode = Nearest

Speedhacks on, all other settings default, 3x Hardware mode, latest SVN

Cool

Ladies and gentleman, lets give it up to GeoMan because I now have score counters visible on the emulator!

Biggrin

Thank you so much GeoMan! Those settings are the perfect ones and made everything work flawlessly! It's now showing in both hardware and software mode. You're the absolute best!

I'm guessing the EE/IOP Round Mode is what was making it not show properly. Any chance anyone could explain to me what this setting is exactly?

This way, if something similar happens in another game, I could figure out if it indeed is the problem. I also went ahead and put the VU0 / VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options Round Mode to nearest as well hoping that it would also run everything correctly.
(03-11-2015, 10:09 PM)GranArcanum Wrote: This way, if something similar happens in another game, I could figure out if it indeed is the problem. I also went ahead and put the VU0 / VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options Round Mode to nearest as well hoping that it would also run everything correctly.

I am glad i could help! A version of SSX had a similar problem - the snowboarder disappeared in the background during the race, unless setting the round mode to Nearest.

With Hot Shots i suspect that with the rounding mode set to Zero, the score was drawn behind the background.

Good job GeoMan!

Can you please update the compatibility list?

The issue with rounding and clamping is that floating precision numbers of the ps2 behave differently than on a pc. (there are several differences which are probably not even fully understood). Currently pcsx2 has no fully compatible FPU (floating point unit) because it would be very expensive (performance-wise) to implement it. Therefore we have several 'hack'-versions which are fast and cover almost all requirements for almost all games. Normally the rounding mode Chop/Zero works best for most games. You just found one of the few examples where nearest is needed...