How Do i Know if in game fps is 30 fps or 60 fps
Hey I am working about some 60 fps patches for some ps2 games 
How do i know for sure what is in game fps?

Sponsored links

Run the game in Windowed mode. At the top it will show if the game is running at 100% speed. Next to that, it will show how many FPS it's running at. So if you see, for example, Speed 100% (30.00), then you know it's running at full speed at 30FPS
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(01-25-2019, 08:38 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Run the game in Windowed mode.  At the top it will show if the game is running at 100% speed.  Next to that, it will show how many FPS it's running at.  So if you see, for example, Speed 100% (30.00), then you know it's running at full speed at 30FPS

Ps2 natively runs at 60fps at all times because that is the refresh rate.
In pcsx2 even games that are locked at 30fps will display 60, because that frame rate counter represents the frame rate of the console, not so much the game itself
PAL games are running at 25fps internal speed and 50fps refresh rate
NTSC games are running at 30fps internal speed and 60fps refresh rate

I don't know of a way to display at what internal speed the game is running but if it is running at 60fps internal speed,you will definitely see the difference(it's twice smoother)
(01-25-2019, 09:42 PM)vsub Wrote: PAL games are running at 25fps internal speed and 50fps refresh rate

I don't know of a way to display at what internal speed the game is running but if it is running at 60fps internal speed,you will definitely see the difference(it's twice smoother)

It was common for them to run at half speeds internally, but not guaranteed. Plenty of games such as the Ratchet and Clank games and some Need for Speed titles are truly capable of 60 FPS and have a dynamic internal framerate that scales with how heavily the game is taxing the system.

As of now the only way to truly know is to just observe the game and what the framerate appears to be. Next time you play a PC game, go into the settings and lock the framerate to 30. Play it for a little bit, pay attention to the frame pacing and after a bit you should get familiar with how it appears. With that pacing in mind, now fire up a game in PCSX2 and try to determine for yourself. Keep in mind, with deinterlacing being a part of PS2 emulation, this may be tricky to really grasp in some cases. It depends on the game but it can mess with how your eyes perceive the framerate, depending on what techniques for interlacing were used.
(01-25-2019, 09:14 PM)Red_Tv Wrote: Ps2 natively runs at 60fps at all times because that is the refresh rate.
In pcsx2 even games that are locked at 30fps will display 60, because that frame rate counter represents the frame rate of the console, not so much the game itself

(01-25-2019, 09:42 PM)vsub Wrote: PAL games are running at 25fps internal speed and 50fps refresh rate

HZ is not FPS.  A 60HZ refresh rate does not necessarily mean 60FPS.  With a 60HZ rate the FPS could be 60 or it could be 30.  This is all due to how TVs used to be made.  A lot of TVs would do bad things if you sent them a signal that was at the wrong refresh rate, but since they were interlaced you only really needed 1 full frame every 2 seconds not every 1 second since only half of the frame gets drawn every second.  You could have the internal FPS at 60 and that would allow for smoother motion since you would be using those half frames to show motion and with the way the human brain works it was actually really good.