How ISO work?
(10-13-2017, 03:53 PM)lightningterror Wrote: I forgot to mention that you can also read ripped isos using the HDD on a fat ps2, using an USB stick, using ethernet connected to the home network or via a crossover cable connected to a pc.

Well you own the console and the games so I don't see an issue why you can't do that.

All this is provided by the SONY?

Sponsored links

(10-13-2017, 03:53 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Well you own the console and the games so I don't see an issue why you can't do that.

You had to use an exploit to do so.
I think it's legal since Sony could have corrected this exploit.

Moreover, if all this hadd been considered illegal (pcsx2 wise), Sony would have shut us down years ago.

Quote:For prescription of years, i can not provide it.
I think you didn't read correctly, then.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-13-2017, 04:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I think it's legal since Sony could have corrected this exploi

Piracy tools CAN NOT be legal.

(10-13-2017, 04:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I think you didn't read correctly, then.

I don't think so because you STILL CAN NOT write that disk to run
What are you trying to demonstrate ? That PS2 and PCSX2 aren't 100% equivalent ? That Sony added a system to avoid to use illegal copy on PS2 but not on PCSX2 ?
I think he wants to say that something like : "PS2 cannot run illegal games without illegal mods but PCSX2 can therefore PCSX2 is illegal."

I don't really think that is how it works, PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator not the software equivalent of a PS2. That is why it'll never be 100% like an actual PS2, even tho it does get close.
(10-13-2017, 04:33 PM)gregory Wrote: That Sony added a system to avoid to use illegal copy on PS2 but not on PCSX2 ?

Exactly. And even specially hooked it up
PCSX2 as a software distribution does not contain any Sony copyrighted or trademarked materials. No original source, none of that. It is an open source software package that can take two inputs, a BIOS and game dump, do some translation work and to some level of accuracy produce the same result that a physical PS2 would. It doesn't need to be surgically precise, just close enough. You can argue all you want about the BIOS and game dumping being illegal but the reality is if you own the console and game, you can do whatever you want to those for your own use and nothing becomes illegal until you start distributing it or use a distributed copy.

TL;DR is if the emulator doesn't contain Sony's property, not illegal, regardless of if it emulates copy protection. If the BIOS and games were dumped by the user and not shared with anyone, not illegal.
(10-13-2017, 04:50 PM)SEX Wrote: Exactly. And even specially hooked it up

PS2 != PCSX2. You can't said that PCSX2 is a material copy of the PS2. They use same data input but there are nothing in common.
(10-13-2017, 04:51 PM)pandubz Wrote: regardless of if it emulates copy protection

There is no need to emulate it, there is need to hook it. Therefore => piracy support
(10-13-2017, 04:29 PM)SEX Wrote: Piracy tools CAN NOT be legal.

I don't think so because you STILL CAN NOT write that disk to run

It's not that simple.
Modchips allowed to run burned discs softomodding too, and both werent illegals in many countries (not all of them of course)

Mostly because in many strict anti-piracy countries, personnal copies and importing foreign games are allowed.
Apart from using a modchip, you couldn't use the right of making personal copies or importing foregin games.

Pcsx2 allows the same.
And as I said, since SONY didn't shut us down, I guess they didn't see any problem in it since we didn't use any piece of their original code.

That said belive what you want.
It's not as if we were concerned by your thoughts and personal opinions.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go