How To Tell Rip Was Successful?
Hello all,

Thank you for this wonderful emulator! I use it purely to have a digital copy of my PS2 and my games. 

I used ImgBurn to make a digital backup of my games for personal use. Besides playing the game for a few minutes, is there another way to tell if the game was successfully ripped completely? I would love to play all the games completely through, however, I'm a busy guy and would take me years to complete that mission.

Also, I was reading something about some games was burned on both sides of the disc? Do I have to do anything special to backup both sides of the disc? Is there a list of these games?

Thank you!
dbzgod9

Sponsored links

As long as ImgBurn didn't encounter any unrecoverable errors while ripping, you should be all set.
It’s been a long time since I ripped my PS1 and PS2 games so I don’t remember exactly, but I think there’s an option in ImageBurn to verify the image after ripping. I vaguely remember it telling me there were errors after ripping one of the discs of Legend of Dragoon for PS1
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
(09-28-2017, 05:06 AM)AeroAceX01 Wrote: It’s been a long time since I ripped my PS1 and PS2 games so I don’t remember exactly, but I think there’s an option in ImageBurn to verify the image after ripping. I vaguely remember it telling me there were errors after ripping one of the discs of Legend of Dragoon for PS1

Thank you for the advice! I did see it can verify against the disc. I should try that out. I also saw ImgBurn can tell if my burner is dual-layer compatible. Should check that out too.

LoD is the best! No other RPGs compare. The story, the characters, and the difficult combat was perfect. I had lent my Disc 1 to a crush and never got it back. Thanks for the wave of nostalgia! Good times.
(09-28-2017, 05:21 AM)dbzgod9 Wrote: Thank you for the advice! I did see it can verify against the disc. I should try that out. I also saw ImgBurn can tell if my burner is dual-layer compatible. Should check that out too.

LoD is the best! No other RPGs compare. The story, the characters, and the difficult combat was perfect. I had lent my Disc 1 to a crush and never got it back. Thanks for the wave of nostalgia! Good times.
Glad my memory could help. 

Off topic, but I loved LoD also. I had a MadKatz digital turbo controller for my PS1 that I used for the attack items that required fast button mashing for max damage. I also loved the difficult combat combos. Really fun game.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit