How about EE/IOP Sync Hack x4, x5, or even x6? Or huge speedup.
I don't know the word "borked" either but in this case it seems to be a bogus bug report (bug report without bug) hacks do break games and that's it
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm

Sponsored links

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bork

I must admit, not proper english XD
X4 could be faster in some games, Shadow of the Colossus for example.
But it causes instability and its asynchron.

Same as X6,X8 and even X16.
FPS will go up, sound and music will be faster, but not the game itself.
Krakatos, this:

Indeed, higher cycle sync hacks break all but the fewest of few games. The only games I know of that it helps are games that are conversions from other older platforms, like dreamcast ports and early PS2 releases. Some of those games only use a small fraction of the PS'2s raw power, and spend the rest of their time idling, so they don't mind an X4 or even x5 hack. But then again those games already run plenty fast, so there's not much point to speeding them up more.

seems to not correspond with reality too well as I wrote earlier. Check what other people who played games with x3 multiplier wrote in that thread. I don't think the guy who wrote he hadn't experienced any problems in 20 or so games with 3x enabled meant that he played ALL PS2 games and only 20 of them worked, judging by the posts it seems to me that majority of them actually worked fine.

Sure, movies don't work properly, but games themselves greatly benefit from the hack on slower processors. It makes many of them playable, that's all that matters for player who can't play them otherwise. If a game is too slow what's the difference for a player if it's emulated "properly" or not, if he/she just can't play it because it's too slow?

Even if only one major game (like SotC) worked fine with x4-6 multiplier it would be worth it to have the option in the emulator, IMO. Red letters near the option could warn that the option isn't supported if you're bothered about false bug reports.

Anyway, I understand that the only hope to implement the multipliers now lays on a 3rd party Sad
(01-24-2009, 03:06 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: Same as X6,X8 and even X16.
FPS will go up, sound and music will be faster, but not the game itself.

But... but... it's precisely low FPS that makes Shadow of Colossus (for example) unplayable on my C2D 2.4 without the hack. With 2x it's definitely better, and with x3 it's almost playable Excl. To make it fully playable I need about x5 I think.
Guys, you do realize that games like Shadow of the Colossus run like crap at x3 already, right?
Just for your info: The game is supposed to run smooth. Just do some movements and you'll notice
what a 3 times slower Emotion Engine can do to this game.
And now you want even higher hacks? I assure you that this is not "playable" either.
Quote:with 3x enabled meant that he played ALL PS2 games and only 20 of them worked, judging by the posts it seems to me that majority of them actually worked fine.

*sigh* You REALLY don't get it do you? I own about 200 games,and I can tell you right now about at least 20 games that do not even BOOT with the x3 hack.I can tell you about 20 other games that have sync problems with the x3 hack.
Now judging by those results,and taking into account we are talking about a x4 hack,as said in my first reply,no way it will be implemented.
If you want a broken emulator which will play 3 games,the source is there,go ahead and do it.

Quote:Red letters near the option could warn that the option isn't supported if you're bothered about false bug reports.
You obviously got no idea about how people are Tongue Check the rules,which are above the whole PCSX2 official forum and check how many people read them.
Just for reference,back in the 0.9.0 days,we had an entry post with rules and added a purple 45 pt text saying "GTA San Andreas DOES NOT WORK,DON'T ASK ABOUT IT".
...we still had about 10 threads daily asking if GTA San Andreas works.
Anyway,I think we have explained our reasons time and again in this thread,and I can't see any reason arguing about it further.If you don't get it,nothing we can do about it
Closing thread
[Image: newsig.jpg]