How are my settings? (screenshot included!) Seems slow...
I'm trying to play some games with PCSX2 (0.9.4, 0.9.5, and Playground) but they seem to be very, very choppy and/or slow.

Can somebody take a look at my settings and tell me if I have anything configured incorrectly or if there is anything I can tweak?

(Sorry for the large screenshot!)

[Image: 3275658534_2698f493db_o.png]

Sponsored links

You should be fine, but a couple notes. Have you tried without VU skip? Will you try newer betas that have been optimized further? What games are you trying out and have you tried DX9?
Thanks for the quick reply!

I haven't tried DX9 (because I thought DX10 was always better?), and I also haven't tried anything besides VU skip.

The games I've tried are Final Fantasy 12 and Persona 3: FES (conversation audio is played very slooooow).

I'm definitely up for trying newer betas! Where can I get them?

Also, in case it matters, here are my specs:

C2D E6600 @ 2.7 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows Vista x64
Geforce 8800GTX 768mb
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html You can get the latest Playground beta here. Once you have that, try turning on all the speedhacks. In my experience, sync hack x3 is just fine with FF12 and P3 FES.
Thanks!!

Is that a playground build or normal PCSX2 build? (or does it matter?)

EDIT: What is the best sound plugin to use? My audio is pretty choppy and doesn't seem to be synced to the game... (I'm using the beta build you linked to and 3x speed-up)
I usually use ZeroSPU2
3x EE/IOP hacks can cause sound to chop in some games, 1.5x or 2x should be pretty stable, 3x is iffy for most games (causes slowdowns)
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 C0 @ 4.1Ghz
Mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro (2048Mhz FSB)
RAM: 8GB PC2-8500 DDR2
Video: Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 790/1990mhz
Sound: ASUS Xonar DX, Alessandro MS-1 headphones
Word on the street is that the SPU2GHZ plugin finally has the squeeky shoes issue fixed with ffxii which imo would be the best sound plugin to use outside of zerospu2. DX10 would be advisable for ffxii again imo. Run without vu skip, use the x2 speedhack and tick the x2 IOP speedhack as well and your system should run it 60 FPS. Don't quite know about persona 3.
I use SPU2GHZ and the sequeaky shoes is still there. I use the latest playground and plugins.
Also, I think SPU2GHZ is better than ZeroSPU2, at least for FFX12. I have a perfect sound with SPU2GHZ, but if I use ZeroSPU2, the sound goes all messed up. Mine runs at 60 FPS (would probably go faster if I remove the limiter). It runs at full speed all the time including cutscenes. I have all speedhacks enabled except for the top one and 3xEE/IOP (although I didn't have any problems when it was enabled). Try that and see if it works for you too.
Where do I get the SPU2GHZ plugin?

I seem to have something called "GiGaHeRz SPU2 Driver (Alpha R) 0.13.0"

Is that what you're talking about?

Also, I still can't get the sound the sync-up with the Persona 3: FES. Oh well Sad