How best can I make Persona 4 work on my comp?
I'm trying to get my Persona 4 iso to run fluidly on my computer, but there is a slight decrease in FPS sometimes when I'm in a large area or against shiny white enemies, I will tell everyone my specs, and current PS2 emulator and stuff and if anyone has ANYTHING that will increase and solidify the FPS, please tell me, I just got to a boss and it is doing the whole "Shiny white enemy slowdown" thing again. Any help at all would be appericated.

PC Specs:

Manufacturer: Acer
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.60 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
System Type: 32 bit

Version of PCSX2: 0.9.8

Plugins

GS: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r4600)

PAD: (Even though I doubt it matters) LilyPad svn (r4510) 0.10.0 [lilypad-r4600)

CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r4510) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]

GS Configurations:
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)

Interlacing(F5): None

Original PS2 Resolution: Native

Hardware Mode Setting: Only Alpha connection (FBA) is checked on.

SPU2-X Settings:

Interpolation: 0

Disable Effects Processing is checked.

Reverb Boost Factor: 1X - Normal Reverb Volume

Module: 1 - XAudio 2 (Recommended)

Latency - 140 ms(avg)

Synchronizing Mode: TimeStretch (Recommended)

Audio Expansion Mode: Stereo (none, default)

So, if anyone has anything to improve my FPS in anyway, please tell me.

Sponsored links

Go to emulation settings and change the EE and VU clamping mode to none, and put the slider of EE to 2 and VU to 1
(07-01-2012, 05:55 AM)ecchiless Wrote: Go to emulation settings and change the EE and VU clamping mode to none, and put the slider of EE to 2 and VU to 1

I have already done that actually. Well, I actually had my VU to 2, but still.
What is your GPU?
(07-01-2012, 06:19 AM)Archerko Wrote: What is your GPU?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Change GSdx Renderer to Direct3D 10 (Hardware)...
(07-01-2012, 06:33 AM)Archerko Wrote: Change GSdx Renderer to Direct3D 10 (Hardware)...

Thanks, there is a little lag in some areas an I had to keep my speed hacks on 2 each, but it is running much more smoothly overall, I have some hacks on as well, any suggestions on which ones I should keep on and which ones I shouldn't?

I have both EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing set to 2 with every hack except "Enable fast CDVD" on. As for game fixes, I have the VU Clip Flag Hack on sense it says "For Persona games" as well as the EE timing hack.
Try disabling EE Timing hax...
(07-01-2012, 07:02 AM)Archerko Wrote: Try disabling EE Timing hax...

And once again, even smoother, thanks again, even anyone else also has anything, would love to hear it.
VU to 2 only gonna give false fps, so get the slider to 1.(The vu hack for persona is only if ur using supervu and work better in persona 3)

Edit: Also if u make a persona(3-4) search in forums, u can find a lot of post with usefull info, i know it cause "we" give a lot of info in "that time".