How can I get PCSX2 running at regular PS2 speed?
I'm asking because although I have the program installed most games don't seem to want to run at a normal speed. It usually runs down to about 50%. This is somewhat irrititating, because my PC, although not especially powerful, and by most estimates it's probably a busted piece of Junk, it's powerful enough to run Batman: Arkham Asylum, at full speed with no slow down, so long as the settings are right. I'm going to post my PC settings below, for anyone who wants to help. Jut a heads up, I'm a computer n00b, and will most likely need help.

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 8330

Pixel Shader version 5.0

Vertex Shader version 5.0

Dedicated video RAM 500 MB

CPU: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics

CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz

RAM: 3.6 GB

OS Windows 10 64-bit

Sponsored links

1st avoid at all cost comparing native pc gaming to emulation.
it's a full nonsense.
2nd, which ps2 games do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-14-2016, 08:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1st avoid at all cost comparing native pc gaming to emulation.
it's a full nonsense.
2nd, which ps2 games do you own ?

THPS4, THUG2, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Spider-Man 2, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, and Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne off the top of my head. Right now I'm trying to use it to play my old JRPGs.
FFX & Kingdom hearts should work with a few slowdowns only, can you please post your pcsx2 settings ?
Your CPU has a single thread rate of 586, which is too slow to play any PS2 game at good speeds. If you want to enjoy playing your PS2 games with PCSX2, you'll want to upgrade to a PC with a CPU with a single thread rate of at least 1600, probably more to play the Tony Hawk games(any Intel i5 or i7 from the last few years will do).
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
(07-14-2016, 11:53 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Your CPU has a single thread rate of 586, which is too slow to play any PS2 game at good speeds. If you want to enjoy playing your PS2 games with PCSX2, you'll want to upgrade to a PC with a CPU with a single thread rate of at least 1600, probably more to play the Tony Hawk games(any Intel i5 or i7 from the last few years will do).
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Fair enough, but I'm trying to use it to play JRPGS. Are there setting I can put it at so it will run somewhat smoothly? I'm talking like 90-95%.
You might get FFX and KH to run a little better, but I'm not sure if you can get to 90% or higher. Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Speed hacks tab. Enable the MTVU speedhack, (turn off the preset in the lower left corner if necessary) and move the EE cyclerate slider one step at a time and see if it improves the performance enough.
JPRGs can be demanding.
Luckily, you own 2 of the least demanding JRPGs (Kingdom hearts & FFX)
Unluckily, with an CPU STP around 600, those won't be playable

Better keep playing them on your real PS2 console