How can I increase performance of pcsx2 with the frame limiting option?
I've read that frame limiting option has a significant impact on performance, but i'm not sure how to properly configure it to increase performance (fps speed), please give me a brief tutorial about which of the 3 or 4 options available in the gs settings under emulation settings in frame limiter section that will help increase performance

Sponsored links

your specs?
I5 - 2320 @ 3,0 Ghz - 8 GbyteDDR2 1333 Mhz - Geforce 8800 GTS 512 Mbyte - Win 7x64 - Samsung 32" TV HD-Ready
Uomo saggio il cielo aiuta.
Better to leave it at default settings unless necessary. Try on your own to find what works for your games if you want but don't forget the defaults.

What game? What PC specs? What PCSX2 settings? What plugin settings?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-15-2011, 12:49 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Better to leave it at default settings unless necessary. Try on your own to find what works for your games if you want but don't forget the defaults.

What game? What PC specs? What PCSX2 settings? What plugin settings?

I'm trying to play final fantasy x

P Specs:

intel core 2 duo 2.13 gigahertz, ati radeon hd 4530, 3 gigs ddr3 ram
here aee my settings

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You have a somewhat slow PC so don't expect any miracles but, enable the "native" option in GSdx and the "INTC Spin detection" speedhack, you can also try raising the EE cyclerate speedhack a bit.

The frame limit options under the GS tab won't really make a difference for this game other than false FPS as far as I know so better leave them at defaults.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64