How can I make my game not run in slow-mo
(11-09-2015, 06:57 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yeah the R&C games are ridiculous. 2 is the worst in my experience. VU stealing will help as well but it will dramatically lower the internal FPS too. Take your pick heh. I guess it's a combination of both being a very demanding game AND requiring software mode too.

The thing that confuses me though is how R&C, a PS2 game, from the PS2 era, made for the PS2, on a PS2 emulator, can be so demanding to a modern setup. I'm new to emulators so I don't know if this is like an unavoidable problem with all games or what, but I just don't understand how an old game is too much for a modern build.

Sponsored links

That's how emulators are. It's emulating...a system. a Fake PS2 is being built when you run a game, and on that fake PS2, the game is being run. Hence, you on average require 10x the power of the originals system to emulate.

For example...PS1 had a 33mhz processor. You need around 500HZ to 1.5GHZ to fully emulate it. (Depending on CPU & Game)

PS2, likewise, has a 333mhz processor(Cause PS1 compatibility, though the emulator doesn't have that), so around 3.3GHZ is the sweetspot for alot of games. Some need more though, like XenoSagao or SoTC. (4GHZ+ those).
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
one of my old explanations , might be handy Smile : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PC-build-...#pid452681
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-09-2015, 09:08 AM)ssakash Wrote: one of my old explanations , might be handy Smile : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PC-build-...#pid452681

Thanks, although to be perfectly honest, the fact translating PS2 to PC real time is hard to do is all I really got from that, everything else was "Mhm, uh-huh, yeah, cool, I understood literally nothing of that."