How close ARE we?
How far away is the prospect of full emulation capabilities for the PCSX2. I know not every game will work perfectly (I'm pretty sure that that has only been achieved for 4th gen at this point.) But when will the biggest name games probably be emulated by the system on most peoples computer? Is that even a possible objective?

Sponsored links

the most popular ps2 games already work with the emu.
but since you're saying "most peoples computers", well all we have to do is wait a few years till 'most people' have good enough computers to run the games.

the emulator will never run nicely on old hardware like a pentium 4 pc.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(03-29-2009, 05:26 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: the most popular ps2 games already work with the emu.
but since you're saying "most peoples computers", well all we have to do is wait a few years till 'most people' have good enough computers to run the games.

i havent tried FFX yet but MGS3 didnt work well it could run but its FPS was way bad and im using a dual core AMD x2 6000 4 GB and ATI 4850HD
(03-29-2009, 10:46 AM)silent_espy Wrote:
(03-29-2009, 05:26 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: the most popular ps2 games already work with the emu.

i havent tried FFX yet but MGS3 didnt work well it could run but its FPS was way bad and im using a dual core AMD x2 6000 4 GB and ATI 4850HD

there's your problem , the amd and the ati Wink specially the ati unfortunately , people forget that in some games they do need a nice pc ( fat beast with Lots of GHz ( like the ones you see on the speed leaderboards Tongue ) and an Nvidia ( seems that the ps2 is more nvidia friendly )
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
(03-29-2009, 05:26 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: the emulator will never run nicely on old hardware like a pentium 4 pc.

And neither on any athlonx2 cpu (the 6000+ when overclocked may be considered "ok").
Time to upgrade, cotton Tongue2
I have a x2 6000+

Thanks for the punch in my face. Sad

I thought u make the emu so I can have perfect frames with my ***** amd. \o/

Well, I upgrade back to intel in summer, so np.

Tongue
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Don't forget that these chips are years old in design, that's why I quoted cottons post Wink
(03-29-2009, 05:26 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: the emulator will never run nicely on old hardware like a pentium 4 pc.

I wish to refute that statement. I have a P4* that runs PCSX2 better than my Core i7.

* liquid oxygen**/oil submersion Ninja I have yet to find someone else crazy enough to try it.

** Yes I am aware of how dangerous this is.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Quote:I wish to refute that statement. I have a P4* that runs PCSX2 better than my Core i7.

sry. Maybe you should turn your pc "on" for usage.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
(03-29-2009, 10:06 PM)yunsabit Wrote:
Quote:I wish to refute that statement. I have a P4* that runs PCSX2 better than my Core i7.

sry. Maybe you should turn your pc "on" for usage.

I'd post pics, but I'm deathly afraid of approaching it while it's on. One of these days something is going to break, and the whole rig will explode.

To get back on topic:
Keep doing little upgrades, and you should have no problem running PCSX2 for years. $300 a year gets you a very nice video card and CPU if you shop around for deals, if you have the budget for it.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi