How come PCSX2 says my cpu doesn't support SSE4 when it actually does?
And the same goes for SSE3 actually.

[Image: amdsse4a.png]
[Image: amdsse3.png]
[Image: amdsse4.png]

Very peculiar and kind of frustrating as I would obviously love the performance boost that SSE3/4 offer.

Any ideas as to why this happens or if there is a fix of any sort?

Sponsored links

It supports SSE3 and SSE4A but not SSSE3 and SSE4 which is what gsdx uses. As an amd user you are stuck at SSE2 until the next generation cpus ship.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(02-27-2011, 10:01 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: It supports SSE3 and SSE4A but not SSSE3 and SSE4 which is what gsdx uses. As an amd user you are stuck at SSE2 until the next generation cpus ship.
Well poop. Thanks a ton for the quick reply though.
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You have SSE2, SSE3 and AMD's SSE4a. The emulator can use SSE2, SSSE3 or Intel's SSE4.1. There are major differences from SSE3 to SSSE3, and also from SSE4a to SSE4.1.

At this time, AMD users are usually limited to SSE2. In the near future, AMD's Bulldozer will include other sets.

EDIT: LOL
So what if I'm using SSE3 (not SSSE3) and it (CPU-Z) says my CPU supports it but pcsx2 doesn't allow me to run the plugin?
There is no SSE3 plugin.
(03-02-2011, 09:21 PM)rama Wrote: There is no SSE3 plugin.

Hmmm, all this time I thought there was...

and then a quick google search brought up this thread and now i understand everything.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SSE3-Not-...#pid147045