How come for certain games the Interlacing options do not make a difference?
For games like Tales of Symphonia, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, and Samurai Warriors 2 the different Interlacing options look exactly like the None option. In other words, there is no difference between the Interlacing options.

Sponsored links

If they don't make a difference for a certain game, just leave it at None. However, it fixes some graphical glitches in some games. Eg. in FFX-2, the FMVs stutter if interlacing is turned off.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Since the Interlacing options do not make a difference, how can I improve the graphics?
Have you tried raising the internal resolution? (Uncheck Native)
Will it make both the 3d and 2d graphics sharper?
You can try checking the "Texture Filtering" option, sometimes it makes the 2D graphics better sometimes does the contrary tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-06-2009, 07:13 AM)sentinel42 Wrote: Will it make both the 3d and 2d graphics sharper?

It will since your monitor resolution is higher than the native resolution. See attachments for the difference between Native resolution and 1680x1050 (which is my monitor's native resolution).

It works for 3d graphics but what about 2d graphics?
Depends on the game.

Many PS2 games actually use high res 2D graphic textures that are down-scaled when rendered to screen, so they still end up looking better when you go high-res. Others may not.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
On the top of the emulator for some games it says Interlaced(Field)
and other games have Interlaced(Frame). What does this mean?

I have noticed that games with Interlaced(Field) the Interlacing options make No difference.
Why is that?