How demanding is God of War?
I was kinda wondering if i could play this fullspeed (i dont wanna have to hook up my disc drive if its not going to run full speed).
There are actually a few games in my collection i was gonna try:

Gran Turismo 3
MX vs ATV
Monster Jam
NASCAR 07
God of War
SOCOM: US Navy Seals
Stunt Driver (its sequal)
Various EA Sports and 2K Sports games from 2001 to 2008

my CPU is the item in concern: Core 2 Quad @ 2.5GHZ (also runs at 78c, so i cant overclock)

Will any of these games run fullspeed?

Sponsored links

Which Core 2 Quad exactly?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
its a yorkfield, Q8300, SSSE4.1 and SSE4
Yeah, that really isn't going to cut it for any of those games.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
How the ***** can this emulator still be so inefficient as to not run fullspeed on a friggin quad core..... Thats 10GHZ of power.... with speed hacks i should be able to go at 2x speed....... AND HOW CAN MADDEN NFL BE DEMANDING!??

How the ***** can this emulator still be so inefficient as to not run fullspeed on a friggin quad core..... Thats 10GHZ of power.... with speed hacks i should be able to go at 2x speed....... AND HOW CAN MADDEN NFL BE DEMANDING!??
No, that isn't 10ghz. No where even close. Pcsx2 uses 3 threads and doesn't do the same thing on any of them. Emulators are naturally poor at paralellization due the the strict timing required. The PS2 was a complex machine and is nothing like a PC. It has a crazy amount of hardware under the hood that developers hated at first. Here's a list of chips in the PS2 that have to be emulated. (EE, IOP, GS, VPU0, VPU1, GIF, DMAC, IPU, and 2xSPU's) Honestly, stick to your PS2 or get a new PC.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
@ThePirate - Take Nobbs advice, and calm down and learn a few things before you get all fired up and make yourself look silly.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
And the ghz doesn't add up...you have 4 cores running at 2.5ghz,not all of them combined running at 10ghz.
There are cpus that have 12 cores,do you really think that the speed will be the ghz * 12

And btw I can run GoW at 2x resolution without hacks at above 120fps on my 29.6ghz cpu(4 cores and 4 threads running at 3.7ghz)
I managed to run GOW above 60+fps constant on my C2D with EE and VU sliders up one level. you could probably run it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
And I was able to run GoW2 at above 15fps(default hacks)on my ancient Pentium 4 2.8Ghz