How demanding is God of War?
(05-01-2015, 03:53 AM)ThePirate Wrote: How the ***** can this emulator still be so inefficient as to not run fullspeed on a friggin quad core..... Thats 10GHZ of power.... with speed hacks i should be able to go at 2x speed....... AND HOW CAN MADDEN NFL BE DEMANDING!??

Hope you're trolling.

If so 1.5/10

Sponsored links

Lol it's been a while since I saw the "amg I have 4 cores, I got 10 GHz" line. Genius
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I cant get a new PC (Im 15. took me 3 years to get the 300 dollars for this rig) , and this one can run Dying Light Maxed out, sorry for raging, i just find it insulting a PS2 game wont run right with all the horsepower ive got under the hood. and arent the Video and Sound units HW emulated now?
The single threaded performance matters more in the case of emulation : https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Take a look at the link and find the position where your processor is fared compared to the other processors and that would give you a rough Idea on the STP required for playing games on pcsx2.
also, more cores doesn't mean better performance on single threaded applications like pcsx2. (though, MTVU takes advantage of the third core).

The reason on why your processor has a weak STP is because of it's rather outdated architecture compared to the newer architectures. also, emulating the PS2 isn't child's play for the processors, it has to emulate about 7 different processors and keep them sync at the same time. PS2 has a weak hardware Indeed but, we need about 4-5 SSE-X86 instructions required to even emulate one of it's MMI instructions. the instructions sets and architecture of the PS2 is rather unique so, we need a lot of raw power to play most games. some PS2 games can even be more demanding than the latest native PC games in comparison of the usage of the processor.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-01-2015, 09:45 AM)ThePirate Wrote: I cant get a new PC (Im 15. took me 3 years to get the 300 dollars for this rig) , and this one can run Dying Light Maxed out, sorry for raging, i just find it insulting a PS2 game wont run right with all the horsepower ive got under the hood. and arent the Video and Sound units HW emulated now?
A PS2 game could run on that hardware if we werent talking about Emulating it...
I suggest you avoid comparing emulation to native Pc gaming unless you want to sound ridiculous at all costs...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
With a decent cooler(like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835103107) you should be able to get a good 40-50% overclock out of that cpu.

You'd be able to play a lot of games, possibly including god of war.
The C2Qs had pretty bad STP, right? Overclock it .. a lot, and you'll be able to play witb hacks. Gonna need around 3.5GHz with that chip as it has only 1050 stock stp. Still will need speedhacks tho
It could run GOW quite well at stock speeds with little speedhacks. The speedhacks work very well without any cons for GOW.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction