Poll: Would you be interested in using/creating a 'common issue/recommended config' wiki page for each PCSX2 game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'd use it, and contribute from time to time as well
66.67%
4 66.67%
I think it's a good idea, but I don't think I'd contribute to it
16.67%
1 16.67%
It's a terrible idea, and you're a terrible person Mr. Mistcrawler!!!
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How difficult would it be to expand the Compatability List to a Recommended Config?
HAHHAAHA Krossx!!! I like the way you thinkz!!! (sorry - I haxed spellcheck earlier to also force it to clean my laundry and walk my dog, but now the stupid program has forgotten how to spell)

and yea Naoan... while there are a lot of commonalities on config settings, I suppose I can't argue with that the emptiness of the wiki... The laziness of people on the internetz never ceases to amaze...
On that note, I think I need a vacation from my vacation...
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD

Sponsored links

Hmm can't really treat them as lazy since it's a charity work, let's just say that they're not too enthusiastic about it, ps2 is really old after all.
I think its already set up http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Ca...able_games
just click on a game and it will take you to the game specific page, which includes information on version used pluggins and problems(if any)
The only thing id say is it needs to be updated more often, Also Lots of people are using the lattest svn`s which have huge advantages over the latest release 0.9.8 which makes it even harder to keep things updated
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
I don't really see the need for a wiki, pcsx2 only has a few settable options 'clamping / rounding' ,'Game Fixes' (you shouldn't even have to use anymore), gsdx also only have a few options and they are pretty self explanatory, any problems with stuttering audio or fps issue is a problem with the users computer not being fast enough or just a really buggy game that wouldn't work with any setting.

mostly critical game settings are already auto set though the GameIndex.dbf when the game starts up, the devs can also update the db when needed if they find a setting a game needs.
Naoan - Once again (you're starting to develop a bad habit for being right!!!!) I agree with your point, but I think we're reaching different conclusions. There would be no need for an emulator if there was no interest in the games, and judging by the high amount of traffic through these forums alone, I'd say there's no lack of interest in playing the PS2. The issue I'd think would be in actually WORKING - which I admit is an issue. I'd much rather be playing PS2 games with my few hours of spare time, rather than coding or updating a website. That said, if people become half as frustrated as me in with the amount of time trying to find out what works for every game, the work might not be an issue (though it would take time to slowly get people to sign on I'm sure)

Omnikan - the page has the perfect setup I'll give you that (possibly even better than the compatability page), but it's missing all the components needed (or at least that I, personally, think they need...) (config settings, etc)

Hyakki - While I understand you don't see the need for the wiki, that doesn't change the fact that there is a lot of people who do see the need for at least SOME direction for each game (check the technical help section of the forum if you need to see the extent of this). And to use FFXII-2 as a counter-example to your point, I have to set more than 6 different settings just to run the game without flickering, grids, FPS issues, black borders, etc, and then turn them all off again when booting another game so they don't interfere.

Perhaps I need to reiterate why I'm asking for this page based on your comment:
The issue I'm addressing is that there are at least certain games out there that will only run with a certain setup, and others that will run find with general settings but could be fine-tuned, and finally some games that need no adjustments at all. Then add to the mix all the errors and issues associated with certain games (which is no fault of PCSX2 - they've done an excellent job than I would have ever thought possible.. it's just nowhere near perfected yet). At the very least, there are so many variables, issues, and versions out there, that it easily overwhelms most gamers trying to test out this program (it certainly overwhelmed me for a while). The purpose would simply be to simplify, categorize, and just make a one-stop place to get their answers in the most simple fashion.

Problems: (which I admit would be very troublesome without more ideas)
1) Every machine is different, and thus, one person's config will not necessarily help another. While I think factors like clamping and speedhacks would be more universal, graphics and audio options would be much more problematic, and perhaps would need sample system configs attached with the PCSX2 settings.

2) Help. An idea is nothing but an idea without someone putting in the work to make it real, and we're talking about needing LOTS of 'someone's' to maintain and update such a page if it were to (continue to) exist.

3) Admin support. While Naoan has been very understanding, the fact is that most of the information that would be put on this site IS out there - it's just very tough to find. Therefore, this would be a project to simplify and make things easier for gamers, while adding to the already immense workload of the admins. I find it very hard to believe that some admins are going to say 'Sure!!! Let's add MORE work to our already over-worked staff on something that isn't inherently critical to the project!!!"

4) Seeing a NEED for this. This sort of goes back to the last point. As long as this idea is just seen as a cherry on the top of an already over-worked project, this page will never come to fruition. I've lost more than an hour trying to get certain new PS2 games to run at an acceptable level (ZOE II *cough* lol), where I've had to determine each issue, research it (which is VERY difficult in a lot of cases - especially with a lot of the newer technical help entries getting answers like 'we've already answered this, please check google for the answer', 'please start another thread', 'it's possible you don't have legal copy, so we can't answer this', and more). Note that in all of these examples, I think the admins were probably right in saying what they said, but since the older entries they were referring to no longer exist or, in the case of starting a new thread for help, were never created, there are a lot of questions that may have been answered a few years ago that are no longer accessible. This page would change that, and make it simple enough where things would be categorized and simplified for (hopefully) an easier time for admins and gamers alike. Plus, the admins could delete all the matching threads for each game, and the forums would be a lot cleaner and organized as well.

Sorry for rambling, but hopefully I've covered both sides so far?
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD