How do I achieve authenticity?
(08-19-2015, 11:21 PM)refraction Wrote: box is forced on for everything as far as I was aware, it used to be the other way around i think, or am I getting confused...

I should know, I was part of sorting that out lol

Well, it has been years. According to this, box option is the accurate ps2 behavior.

Sponsored links

According to the change to the "Round Sprite" option

Quote:"Windows: Carries a total of three states: Unchecked (off), Checked (on for all sprites) and Shaded (on for flat sprites)";

and according to the code below which is used on that checkbox that means off is 0, checked is 1 and shaded (Filled) is 2. 2 (in the final instance) would yeild full rounding afaik.

Code:
int swap_states(int a)
{
    switch(a)
    {
        case 0: return 0;
        case 1: return 2;
        case 2: return 1;
        default: return 0; // If user's set more than 2 in ini file, set variable to 0.
    }
}
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Code:
case 0: return 0;
        case 1: return 2;
        case 2: return 1;

Ridiculous swap detected. Well if the three-state-box is not a usability crime than how it is used in pcsx2. Even if you know how a three-state-box works you get tricked. Let's put radio buttons for 'ok' 'apply' and 'cancel' that fire appropriate events on click... -.-''
This is the box option:

[Image: V3nstSL.jpg]

This is the tick option:

[Image: ZUA8DZ5.jpg]

You might need to right click >> view image to see it, the first one in not completely filtered while the second one is. Notice the pillow, floor and bolts on the bottom.

Quote:Ridiculous swap detected.

I think it was the other way around, then they changed it to make the medium option - half checked - as the medium filtering. It makes no sense to do the other way around.
Well, the swap only applies to the round sprite hack, therefore confusing the hell out of everyone Tongue2

Three instances of three state checkboxes:
Code:
theApp.SetConfig("filter", (int)IsDlgButtonChecked(m_hWnd, IDC_FILTER));
theApp.SetConfig("UserHacks_SpriteHack", (int)IsDlgButtonChecked(m_hWnd, IDC_SPRITEHACK));
theApp.SetConfig("UserHacks_round_sprite_offset", swap_states((int)IsDlgButtonChecked(m_hWnd, IDC_ROUND_SPRITE)));

So yeah *cough* purge three state checkboxes *cough*.
(08-20-2015, 12:02 AM)turtleli Wrote: Well, the swap only applies to the round sprite hack, therefore confusing the hell out of everyone Tongue2

Three instances of three state checkboxes:
Code:
theApp.SetConfig("filter", (int)IsDlgButtonChecked(m_hWnd, IDC_FILTER));
theApp.SetConfig("UserHacks_SpriteHack", (int)IsDlgButtonChecked(m_hWnd, IDC_SPRITEHACK));
theApp.SetConfig("UserHacks_round_sprite_offset", swap_states((int)IsDlgButtonChecked(m_hWnd, IDC_ROUND_SPRITE)));

So yeah *cough* purge three state checkboxes *cough*.

You have write access now, you know what to do Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

There was a pretty good reason on why it was used for Round sprite hack , surely combo box would be better though. Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Far as I know, using software mode, no speedhacks, and setting clamping to Full and Extra+Preserve Sign is as close as it gets, though I don't even really know or see what that last one does.