How do I get access to this pcsx2 cheat code?
There is a pcsx2 cheat that I saw in a thread made long ago: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Samurai-W...#pid494489

The poster of this cheat states:
"This is the code for Samurai Warriors 2 XL that allows to play every story of every character without import anything

All Character Musou Mode
2029c414 24030001"

Since I am new to modding pcsx2 games, I would like to be headed into the right direction in order to execute this code and others too (like increased running speed in samurai warriors 2)

It would be very helpful if there was a brief step to step guide provided too 

Thanks  Happy

Sponsored links

You need to add the code in the formatting below to a file called 3C93E16A.pnach. 3C93E16A is the CRC. Check which CRC you need while running the game and looking at the top of the console window. It should say the title of the game followed by other information. The CRC will be between the []. Then save the file to (My Documents/)PCSX2/cheats. And then remember to enable cheats in PCSX2.

patch=1,EE,2029c414,word,24030001
Ignore this post
(10-01-2016, 11:39 AM)FlatOut Wrote: You need to add the code in the formatting below to a file called 3C93E16A.pnach. 3C93E16A is the CRC. Check which CRC you need while running the game and looking at the top of the console window. It should say the title of the game followed by other information. The CRC will be between the []. Then save the file to (My Documents/)PCSX2/cheats. And then remember to enable cheats in PCSX2.

So go to my notepad, copy and paste the code you have right there in that notepad 

then name the folder/file whatever my crc number is?  Which is in my case a bunch of numbers

Then just play the game it should work right?  BTW I have the pal version of samurai warriors 2 xl
(10-01-2016, 11:39 AM)FlatOut Wrote: You need to add the code in the formatting below to a file called 3C93E16A.pnach. 3C93E16A is the CRC. Check which CRC you need while running the game and looking at the top of the console window. It should say the title of the game followed by other information. The CRC will be between the []. Then save the file to (My Documents/)PCSX2/cheats. And then remember to enable cheats in PCSX2.

So go to my notepad, copy and paste the code you have right there in that notepad 

then name the folder/file whatever my crc number is?  Which is in my case a bunch of numbers

Then just play the game it should work right?  BTW I have the pal version of samurai warriors 2 xl
(10-02-2016, 10:51 AM)Themaxedgamer Wrote: So go to my notepad, copy and paste the code you have right there in that notepad 

(10-03-2016, 02:51 AM)deroronoazorro Wrote:
This seems to apply to only codes from codejunkies rather than my own code I am talking about

Either way, since my game is PAL version, it might not work either way since the code I have is the ntsc version

Better off using ,extended, and not the old method of byte/short/word.

@Themaxedgamer - If your code is for the NTSC version of the game then it won't work for PAL yeah. There will be a slight difference in the addresses. Try searching the web a bit for PAL codes. gamehacking.org might have what you're looking for.

[Edit] Try this one for the PAL version.

Code:
//Infinite Musou
patch=1,EE,104F6448,extended,000000CC
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-06-2016, 01:26 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Better off using ,extended, and not the old method of byte/short/word.

@Themaxedgamer - If your code is for the NTSC version of the game then it won't work for PAL yeah. There will be a slight difference in the addresses. Try searching the web a bit for PAL codes. gamehacking.org might have what you're looking for.

[Edit] Try this one for the PAL version.

Code:
//Infinite Musou
patch=1,EE,104F6448,extended,000000CC
gamehacking.org doesn't have the code I want, which is unlock all character story modes in samurai warriors 2 XL

So the infinite mosou is not what I am looking for but will probably try it out to see if the cheats actually work, so just copy and paste that code into a notepad file and name the file whatever my crc is with the .pnach at the end?  

then I would assume that I put it in the ws cheats folder in the pcsx2 folder in my documents (not programs)
Cheat files should be put in the cheats folder. The cheats_ws folder is for widescreen patches.