How do I mute the sound?
I'd like to be able to listen to my own music while using the emulator. I know there was an option on .9.4, but I'm not seeing one for .9.6. Am I just missing it? Do I need to do something drastic like make all the sound plugins unavailable?

Sponsored links

Set the sound plugin to SPU2null. This will, of course, mute *all* sound, not just music, but I assume that's what you're after.

edit: Oops, I just checked my 0.9.6 release installation, and I see that there is in fact no SPU2null in that package (I had checked my svn build before posting this, which does have one of course). I think it should probably be relatively safe to copy over SPU2null.dll from an older installation, and that should work (I don't think much has changed in the null plugins recently). If that doesn't work or causes problems, perhaps one of the mods or devs will post the dll here, since I am pretty sure it's against the rules for me to do so (and if I were you, I certainly wouldn't trust a dll compiled by some no-name on a forum anyway).
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz/6GB DDR-3-1600 8-8-8-24/ATI HD5770-1GB/Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
(03-08-2009, 03:48 AM)Riz Wrote: Set the sound plugin to SPU2null. This will, of course, mute *all* sound, not just music, but I assume that's what you're after.

SPU2null is way too buggy,on a lot of games the emu crash because of it.If you want mute use the ZeroSPU2's mute option(after all ZeroSPU2 is based on SPU2null)
Using SPU2-X, you can set the output modules to Null / No Sound. This will effectively mute the sound for you. You can do it on the fly while playing a game. This is the best way to mute sound since it has the highest degree of emulation accuracy and savestate compatibility.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
if you're using peops then you could set the volume option to "0:Mute". Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja