How do I perform a CQC in MGS3 with no button sensitivity?
MGS3 was made with the PS2 in mind, whose control has sensitivity on all its buttons.  In order to perform a CQC in MGS3, you have to lightly press the CQC button.  But wi/o sensitivity, the game always thinks i'm pressing the CQC button hard and slices their neck immediately.  Is there any way around this?  Or am I just going to have to play MGS3 with no CQC?

Sponsored links

I don't think you can beat the game without CQC. AFIK around the 1/4 point of the game you have to capture a guard and interrogate him to gain entry into a part of the base. And also I think you have to do it once more with "Raidenovich" in Grozny Grad itself, towards the end of the game, though my memory is more hazy on that one.

Sorry, I don't have a solution to your problem; I just wanted to let you know before you start investing time in the game. I play the HD remaster on PS3 myself - an absolutely stellar port that I wholeheartedly recommend.
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit
I use the scp drivers for my ps3 controller and button sensitivity works with it. I've already tested it with mgs2/3 using pcsx2.
scp drivers? Is there any way to configure it like MGS3 on the 360 has it? I know for sure the 360's pad only has sensitivity on the triggers.
I think you can get a pseudo sensitivity working with your 360 controller by going into the controller plugin page, finding the button you need to press lightly, and change the sensitivity from 1.0 to something smaller, maybe .25, I'm not sure how light it needs to be, but that should help you. Though by doing this, you'll never be able to use the full strength press action otherwise.

Another solution, but one that requires money, would be to get a PS3 controller, which can use the SCP Drivers, which comes with a lilypad plugin designed for SCP drivers, and gives you full sensitivity, like you'd expect; but that's not the answer to your question :3.
You can complete the game without ever using the pressure sensitive CQC actions. They aren't that useful anyway.
Dont PC native controllers support pressure sensitive buttons yet? I stlll using Logitech wireless rumble pad 2, but I would think new pad by now support it, well for those of that cant be bothered to deal with with the 3rd party drivers for console game pad, or MS breaking there own drivers for there won controller in there own OS
(08-14-2016, 11:03 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Dont PC native controllers support pressure sensitive buttons yet? I stlll using  Logitech wireless rumble pad 2, but I would think new pad by now support it, well for those of that cant be bothered to deal with with the 3rd party drivers for  console game pad, or MS breaking there own drivers for there won controller in there own OS

Actually, I happen to also own a PS3 for back in the MGS4 days.  Where do I get this scp driver?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

Download both the latest version (1.2.0.160) and the latest update (1.2.2.175).

Follow the instructions as carefully as you can. If it's confusing just do this, extract the latest version into a folder, I called mine Dualshock 3, then extract the latest update in the same folder, overwrite all the folders and stuff if it asks. Then take this folder and put it somewhere, I have mine in Program Folders (but most would say this is not wise).

Once you copy/pasted it or moved the folder to your desired location, just run ScpDriver.exe, install the driver and that should take care of that. Hopefully you don't get any issues. (If you don't need the bluetooth driver, don't install it).

Once installed you'll want to double click on ScpMonitor, I keep this program on at all times, not sure if that's needed :3.

Once your controller drivers are installed and you confirm with ScpMonitor that your controller has a connection, you can then search the folder with the Scp files for a folder called Win32.

Inside of Win32, you'll see a LilyPad-Scp-r5875.dll and XInput1_3.dll

Those are the two dlls we want. Copy paste the LilyPad plugin into the PCSX2 Plugins folder. Copy paste the XInput1_3.dll file into the root of PCSX2 (where PCSX2.exe is).

Once you've done all that, open PCSX2 and change your pad plugin to the SCP version. Then open the pad plugin settings and you should see a new option titled Native Dualshock 3 Mode, disable DirectInput and XInput, and enable the Native mode.

From here on out, just configure the controller like normal and to test the pressure sensitivity, stay in the General Tab, highlight Dualshock 3 #1 in the Device Diagnostics and click Test Device, you should be able to see many numbers as you press lightly or hard all the way to 1.0.

I think that takes care of it. Follow the instructions on the SCP page before mine, I just wrote that down as a precaution for any problems that might occur.
I did everything you said but when I open scpmonitor, it said its not connected when I have a DS3 pad connected via USB.