How do I play PS2 games bought on PS3 on PCSX2?
I was wondering if PCSX2 could play PS2 games bought over a PS3, and how to do it if possible.

I'm sure I'd have to remove my PS3's HDD and plug it into my PC to transfer the games, but then what?
The games can't be stored in a regular ISO since that would make piracy too easy, and considering not all PS3 models are backwards compatible, the games must be shipped with an emulator of some kind.

Any ideas?

PS: Of course, I could just play the games on my PS3, but the prospect of playing them on my desktop at 6x native resolution, or while travelling with my Surface is simply too sweet to ignore.

Sponsored links

http://www.dashhacks.com/ps3/apps/new-ps...s-gui.html

can try this tool, but I have no idea how to use it
Do you want to play ps2 games that were again released in HD quality for ps3 on your pc? Or what is your aim?
If you would like to do that you would need a ps3-emulator since these games are only playable with a ps3.
If you have an old ps3 (fat) and are using the hardware/software emulator to play original ps2 games. And now you want to play them on your pc you can use pcsx2 but need to find the bios. I don't know how easily you can get it from the ps3 - and if it is really the same bios as in the original ps2.

If you connect your ps3-hdd to your pc you might not be able to read it. I think the ps3 uses some Fat32 similar but proprietary format. Normally you would need to crack your ps3 to install custom firmware and use some ftp-client or data manager.
PS2 classics are like PS1 classics, they are converted ISOs for the PS3's PS2 emulator

it adds encryption and a license, nothing too special, and people have already cracked the format, but the licences are given be SCEX and they are server side, so they can't be modified
You can't. Those PS2 games for the PS3 are modified versions of the PS2. With this I mean that ALL the coding has been "converted" to PS3 code. A PS3 PS2 game is completely different than a PS2 game.

(05-18-2014, 03:06 PM)Saiki Wrote: PS2 classics are like PS1 classics, they are converted ISOs for the PS3's PS2 emulator
Only few PS3s (the first models) have a PS2 emulator.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
(05-19-2014, 02:21 PM)MenDude Wrote: You can't. Those PS2 games for the PS3 are modified versions of the PS2. With this I mean that ALL the coding has been "converted" to PS3 code. A PS3 PS2 game is completely different than a PS2 game.

Only few PS3s (the first models) have a PS2 emulator.

Yep.The coding is equal @ Ps3 games.... Pcsx2 can't run this kind of iso..... S1D can try with some Ps3 emulator....
(05-19-2014, 03:02 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Yep.The coding is equal @ Ps3 games.... Pcsx2 can't run this kind of iso..... S1D can try with some Ps3 emulator....

If it is a PS2 CLASSIC, after being decrypted it CAN be played on PCSX2. it is just a PS2 iso
(05-20-2014, 01:00 AM)Saiki Wrote: If it is a PS2 CLASSIC, after being decrypted it CAN be played on PCSX2. it is just a PS2 iso

I know....I've talked about remastered games, like FFX or Persona 4 for PsVita.....
which is not at all what the thread was about.