How do you CREATE new gameshark / codebreaker codes?
I am aware of cheat engine, but as I understand it, the memory addresses for all emulators change every time you launch it, so your code search is only good for that session.

Is there not a method of hacking actual Gameshark / Codebreaker codes? (how were the existing codes created?)

Sponsored links

(01-18-2018, 09:38 PM)vgrageaholic Wrote: I am aware of cheat engine, but as I understand it, the memory addresses for all emulators change every time you launch it, so your code search is only good for that session.
That's not true for PCSX2. The memory ranges you need for PCSX2 are stable(20200000 to 21FFFFFF), so cheatengine is the easiest way to create cheats for PS2 games.
Oh wow, so I find a memory address and - assuming the game doesn't use dynamic allocation - it'll keep?
(01-18-2018, 09:49 PM)vgrageaholic Wrote: Oh wow, so I find a memory address and - assuming the game doesn't use dynamic allocation - it'll keep?
Yes, you can use the address you find and directly add it to a cheat file for PCSX2.
Last question - which of the three PCSX2 processes am I hooking with Cheat Engine? is the one with the game title in it?
(01-18-2018, 10:06 PM)vgrageaholic Wrote: Last question - which of the three PCSX2 processes am I hooking with Cheat Engine? is the one with the game title in it?
It won't matter. I suggest using the one with the game window information, because the game title one is the log. Wink