How do you set a custom resolution in PCSX2 nightly?
(06-10-2022, 11:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: because Play! will do what you need.
that's probably the best advice we can give since custom res is something we defnintely banned for obvious reasons

Play! is a terrible emulator with no game fix solutions, they don't even have the internal res options labelled right... Yeah..... I will stick with pcsx2 1.6 thanks... Maybe one day the new nightly versions will adapt to modern times instead of ancient

Sponsored links

(06-11-2022, 04:44 AM)smoothbutter Wrote: Play! is a terrible emulator with no game fix solutions, they don't even have the internal res options labelled right... Yeah..... I will stick with pcsx2 1.6 thanks... Maybe one day the new nightly versions will adapt to modern times instead of ancient

Play! is much younger and has a long way to go, it's true. I only brought it up because I knew it supported higher resolutions than PCSX2, which is what you where after.
Edit: Also, about the lack of fixes/hacks; it's HLE so no bios required and the guy working on it is trying for a plug-and-play design like ReDream. I think it actually is more 'modern' than PCSX2 in that sense.

I wouldn't call PCSX2 ancient. That's silly.
(06-11-2022, 04:44 AM)smoothbutter Wrote: Play! is a terrible emulator with no game fix solutions, they don't even have the internal res options labelled right... Yeah..... I will stick with pcsx2 1.6 thanks... Maybe one day the new nightly versions will adapt to modern times instead of ancient

Well. You didn't get it. Sorry for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-11-2022, 06:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Well. You didn't get it. Sorry for you

Y'all should give some type of pop up warning to everybody who use the nightly builds saying in quotes... ''Don't ever bother buying an 8K TV to use with PCSX2 because you won't notice any image quality difference''
(06-11-2022, 10:36 PM)smoothbutter Wrote: Y'all should give some type of pop up warning to everybody who use the nightly builds saying in quotes... ''Don't ever bother buying an 8K TV to use with PCSX2 because you won't notice any image quality difference''

this is an open source project.
so, you can contribute with your coding skills to github to add it if you feel like doing so
Yes smoothbutter, they really need to put up a warning for all the people that want to buy a 8k tv just to use with the PCSX2 emulator. I'm sure going to think twice before I spend a ton of money on a 8k tv just for the sole purpose of running old PS2 games in 8k. Especially since I would see a marginal, to no difference.

I personally think they should go a step further and put notices in the stores. Like Best Buy should have a sign next to there 8k TV's to let people know that if they're buying the TV to play emulated PS2 games in 8k, with PCSX2, then it won't work. That way they won't have people coming back trying to return the TV's they just purchased
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(06-10-2022, 09:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: anything above 6x is basically useless.
so 8x is overkill. but as said above, Play! maybe give you satisfaction

Also a little disappointed to see custom res gone! Was having a laugh using xemu & Sega GT 2002 on x12, and the difference is night and day! (MVG Did a good video on this as well, albeit with Halo.) With how much better the nightly builds run on my rig in comparison to 1.6, I don't see the harm in having custom res still hidden away in the ini for anyone who wants to use it, at their own risk.
(07-18-2022, 07:44 PM)BunniEmperor Wrote: Also a little disappointed to see custom res gone! Was having a laugh using xemu & Sega GT 2002 on x12, and the difference is night and day! (MVG Did a good video on this as well, albeit with Halo.) With how much better the nightly builds run on my rig in comparison to 1.6, I don't see the harm in having custom res still hidden away in the ini for anyone who wants to use it, at their own risk.

you can use Play!, if you want. it think it has higher resolutions.
Any chance SSAA can be added? Duckstation doesn't technically have an 8k internal res option, but at least it has SSAA
No