How do you swap discs?
I'm playing Samurai Warriors XL and I'm trying to import data from the original.

I've ran both the original and XL, they all work fine. However, when I try to swap discs, it would tell me I have the wrong disc in. If I press abort, and try to load my original disc, it tells me the same. I'm running both discs through ISO, I've tried:
Pressing ESC then swapping discs
Mount the original with Dameon tools and swap it as a plugin

My guess is that it's because the disc reader does not recognize the ISO names, but when I asked someone to check the names of their PS2 discs by seeing what name appears on their CDVD drive when they load it on their comp, they got no names.

Any ideas? D=

Sponsored links

Actually is the SLUS/SLES or whatever is the real "game" identifier which matters, not the ISO name.

Try mounting from the "Iso selector", load near the point the change is asked... Don't use scape, bring out the GUI (alt+ctrl+tab if need) and change the "Iso selector" to the asked image... ensure "swap disc" is clicked... do nothing else... return to the game and just press the continue button.

Now, if directly trying to load the second disc is reported as unknown disc, the problem is in the image indeed and not in the swapping mechanism. Please post the log content.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-23-2011, 07:46 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Actually is the SLUS/SLES or whatever is the real "game" identifier which matters, not the ISO name.

Try mounting from the "Iso selector", load near the point the change is asked... Don't use scape, bring out the GUI (alt+ctrl+tab if need) and change the "Iso selector" to the asked image... ensure "swap disc" is clicked... do nothing else... return to the game and just press the continue button.

Now, if directly trying to load the second disc is reported as unknown disc, the problem is in the image indeed and not in the swapping mechanism. Please post the log content.

Yeah, I already tried that. What did you mean by GUI? I don't know if I did it correctly, I went: CDVD > Iso Selector > (Swap Disk)

So I'm guessing it's the image issue D; What do I do?!
Because, in this case, both Samurai Warriors 2 and Xtreme Legend is wrong x_x
I think Samurai Warrior games are just not compatible with the swapping disc feature at the moment.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Is there a game that does work with PS2 disc swaps?

I know the method nosisab mentioned does indeed work, but it's definitely something that's not fully functional on the emulator's end. In my case (Monster Rancher), it swaps PS1 discs just fine, but doesn't with PS2 discs.

I think you'll just have to wait on that one. Tongue
So I realize this is a fairly dead thread and this is my first post, but this is exactly the same problem I am having and this is also the main reason why I got started with this emulator in the first place...

I don't think I need to give my whole backstory here, suffice to say my PS2 isn't in the best working condition and Samurai Warriors XL happens to be my favorite warriors game of all time and appears on the PS2. The copy that I have is a bit scratched (ask anyone who has tried to find this game in a retail store it is near impossible) so I thought it might have been that, but when I went and found an online copy of the disc I encountered the same problem.

Like the OP (convalescence) said, the game requires that you switch from one disc to another and then back in order to load game data from the original Samurai Warriors, then return to SWXL. On my first attempt it didn't recognize the Samurai Warriors disc. I don't know if this is what made the difference or now but I made a save file for SW then tried it again and it was able to recognize and import the data from the game. However, when I tried to swap discs back it told me that my original image for SWXL (i used the same one as i started with, obviously) was the wrong disc

When doing all this i was using the Swap Discs option like nosisab said and as i have already stated i ran into the same problem as convalescence. Is this a problem that might be solved? nosisab said it was a problem with the image, does that mean I should just look for another copy of the ISO online and try that out? Would it be possible that a different emulator would work better?

I would really like to get some help here, I don't mean to beg or make demands but the Warriors series is my favorite game series, it's the major reason why I still have my PS2 and the related games but the problem is for the XL and Empires "expansions" to the warriors games you have to swap discs... meaning that I won't run into this problem with just SWXL, but DW4Xl and DW4E and DW5XL and... well, you get the picture

On that note, I think I am actually going to try and see if disc swapping works for DW4XL or DW4E since i haven't tried them yet... maybe that will help provide answers. If not, and even if there is no solution, thanks anyways, I can tell by the small amount of browsing i've done in the forums that the people here are genuine and actually care about the questions that get asked which is awesome
Gamingfr3ak, did you get rid of that "online copy"?

Stuff like that is illegal and won't get any support, just use your hard copy.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Multidisc...#pid224161
MyDreamName: Yeah, I got rid of it, the only reason I mentioned that was to show that I answered for myself whether or not it was the damaged disc that I have that was causing the problem (the answer being I don't think so, implying that suggestions of this nature would be futile)

Saiki, i'm not sure what you're suggesting exactly, mostly because I haven't had to do anything with any of the plugins before now so I am total novice... I think I figured out what you meant though, I tried going from Plugin disc A to Iso disc B back to Plugin A, as well as trying Plugin A to Iso B to Iso A and Iso A to Iso B to Plugin B. I guess there are more combinations of that which I haven't tried yet, but since your response to that other post wasn't really definitive of the order i'm not sure I did the right one. Perhaps it's not the answer i'm looking for, but thanks for the help either way Smile
(EXAMPLE)

Load Monster Rancer Evo woth plugin
swap to ISO loader when prompted
Use ISO loader again to swap back