How do you use cheats? 0.9.8
I have been searching the forums for some help with this but most of the guides I find are about creating codes and pnach files or something. I have no idea what I am even meant to do. Can some one tell me how to use cheats and what a pnach file is, where I can find premade codes, what I am meant to do with it and how I get it to work? I hope someone can help me with my problem Laugh

Sponsored links

Man, your doubts are so basic that what you are asking is we write again all those guides you saw before.

yes, you are expected to create pnach files, what it is and how it can be done is what the guides are about.

You could search the "Tools/homebrew forum", there is a nice pnach editor there (remember to kudos it's author). It will help a lot creating the pnach but you are yet expected to know what it is and it's structure.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thx for the help. I now have the Omniconverter and PCSX2CE but I do not know what a CRC is. What do I have to put there?
(06-01-2011, 08:41 PM)Majorshepard Wrote: Thx for the help. I now have the Omniconverter and PCSX2CE but I do not know what a CRC is. What do I have to put there?

If you look in your console, you should see dark blue text like this when you start a game up:

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_000.00;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_000.00;1) Game CRC = 0x00000000, EntryPoint = 0x00000000
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_000.00;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Thx for the info. I can now save the files in the cheats folder in PCSX2. However the cheats don't activate. Am I doing something wrong? I change the input to Xploder V5 but do I have to change the output as well, and to what if I do?
please post a sample of yours pnach's content, we may be able to pinpoint whatever is wrong there.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Here they are. The cheats are for Persona 3 FES. Hope you can help Laugh I prolly did something wrong along the way Tongue

//Inf Max Money
patch=1,EE,1C164D84,extended,14BE598C

//Gain EXP x4095 (All party)
patch=1,EE,1C8A5914,extended,3855E00C
patch=1,EE,1C8A5918,extended,0456E7A8
patch=1,EE,1C8A591C,extended,1495D7AD
Did you get those codes from codemaster-project?
If you do...the codes are already raw there,you didn't have to convert them to something totally unusable

//Inf Max Money
patch=1,EE,2083CA5C,extended,0098967F
//Gain EXP x4095 (All party)
patch=1,EE,201FD6EC,extended,24010FFF
patch=1,EE,201FD6F0,extended,10000003
patch=1,EE,201FD6F4,extended,00411018
oh....lol ok I try putting it directly in then Tongue
Hit a snag. Each time I click save on the PCSX2CE it auto-converst them. How do I stop it from doing that and allowing it to keep the codes the way they are?

...Do I have to make the pnach file manually now for it to work?
oh nvm lol it was supposed to do that Tongue thx for the help guys you were a big help