How does upgrading affect custom settings for each game?
A while ago I found out how to make copies of the PCSX2 config files and load them up for each game courtesy of Rezard's great thread here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Auto-Boot...Separately

This is a huge help as it allows different settings to be made to different games which are then saved and loaded when you launch the game from a shortcut.

My question is, how will these custom configs be affected if I was to upgrade between (for example) v1.0.0 to 1.2.0? I assume that there are sometimes changes to the variables contained within the plugin config files which will then not be transferred to the existing copies I already have for each game in their custom directories.

I hope I'm doing a good job communicating this idea, its quite hard to describe Wacko
"For every age there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the strength beneath our feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life."

Sponsored links

(01-18-2014, 08:44 AM)Precursor Wrote: A while ago I found out how to make copies of the PCSX2 config files and load them up for each game courtesy of Rezard's great thread here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Auto-Boot...Separately

This is a huge help as it allows different settings to be made to different games which are then saved and loaded when you launch the game from a shortcut.

My question is, how will these custom configs be affected if I was to upgrade between (for example) v1.0.0 to 1.2.0? I assume that there are sometimes changes to the variables contained within the plugin config files which will then not be transferred to the existing copies I already have for each game in their custom directories.

I hope I'm doing a good job communicating this idea, its quite hard to describe Wacko

Why not just use PCSX2bonus? --> www.pcsx2.net/download/finish/43-frontends/114-pcsx2bonus.html
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-18-2014, 08:47 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: Why not just use PCSX2bonus? --> www.pcsx2.net/download/finish/43-frontends/114-pcsx2bonus.html

Why not indeed? I had no idea that this sort of thing even existed so thank you very much for that.

But how does that change what I asked above? What happens to the custom configs when you upgrade PCSX2 versions? If you upgrade PCSX2 then surely the ini's you are using are still from an outdated version. Do you have to reconfigure each game every time you upgrade?
"For every age there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the strength beneath our feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life."
If there are no changes to the command lines,you don't need to change anything.
You are just telling which settings to load and if the settings point to the correct dll names,everything will be the same.
(01-18-2014, 10:11 PM)vsub Wrote: If there are no changes to the command lines,you don't need to change anything.
You are just telling which settings to load and if the settings point to the correct dll names,everything will be the same.

So would there be no changes between relatively major releases like 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 then? I guess it depends solely on when plugins are updated right?
I doubt there will be any change(such change)between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0
As I said,you are just telling pcsx2 where is the game and where are the settings for the plugins.

If the new plugins have the same name as the plugins you used before,there will be no change at all
You will only have problems if you remove the old dll files and the new one are not with the same name and if the plugins and pocsx2 settings use different names for the settings(I doubt that will happen)